The quest for unicorn gold!

ok start with an ironed, flattened bag of hash.

Get Crazy.

Shit squishing out the sides! It always solidifies before it hits the edge.

5 Likes

Really hammer it.

I did another final crushing but only got a few more dabs out. Hmmm if I had to take a stab at the flavor, I would say grape candy sticks. Fake grape. Very interesting!

9 Likes

I know what you’re thinking. I pressed some rosin not long ago. What happened to it? mmm someone dabbed it all.

6 Likes

Who would do something like that ?
So say I were to get a press
What temps do you recommend while pressing ?
My one buddy presses his own dabs but it’s always black :face_vomiting: no thank you

3 Likes

I’ve been pressing this at 75C. It’s fairly warm, but won’t burn your fingers. I was pressing at 64, but decided to try this out! Seems like I was getting more THC crystals at 64. Black rosin can come from a couple different things. Old weed is number one and extreme temps is another. This live rosin shit is the bomb!

7 Likes

Frozen fresh the best for pressing as well? I bet it looks like certain grade of honey lol … I always dread hitting dabs makes me cough my balls off but I smoke cigs as well …or rough dabs lol :joy:

I have some hash I deff would like to press ! It just looks satisfying!

4 Likes

It works best for hash that isn’t dab-quality, but it also takes it to the next level. Like that hash was ok as bubble, but the flavor wasn’t very strong. Making it into rosin released the stink! Also filtered out waxes and stuff that I don’t want. The rosin and hash make me cough because I take a really huge hit that’s unreal but it’s way better than before. I couldn’t take more than a couple rips off the hot knives, lol!

6 Likes

Making my mouth water and get all tingly. Amazing looking end product as always!

2 Likes

I think the really strange part is a complete lack of THC crystals. I’m gonna investigate tomorrow, but I’m suspicious. Usually I have a crust, at least of THCa on the outside of the bag at 75C.

4 Likes

Hey @JoeCrowe . This is a very interesting thread. Do you know of any books or websites that I might read for more information ? Do you have any old favorites ?

2 Likes

Naw, I’m just learning from observation here. I’m not sure there is documentation like this out there anywhere. Most articles and videos about it are infuriating with their nonsense.

6 Likes

Wow! Just blew my fucking mind. :crazy_face: Not only was my intuition right, it seems like there is additional substance. Total lack of THCa crystals, but some additional thing in there I wonder if that is water? I’ll leave it there and see what happens over time. That will give me the answer.

10 Likes

There’s no real pattern between gooey hash and lack of crystals or crunchy hash and loads of crystals. It’s still a mystery to me why the meat breath and gmo lack THCa crystals in the rosin. Seems like a really common trait. Additionally there isn’t that much flavor, even as rosin. The mutant gmo plant wasn’t good. Which is happy days, considering it is in the trash. As I push on into the void, perhaps there is something to learn here. I don’t like the rosin batches that lack THCa crystals. So that’s kind of a pattern.

4 Likes

I’ll grab a half hour time lapse. Should be fun! I’ll put on my paint drying goggles :goggles:

4 Likes

lol! Can I get a hell yah! I basically recorded paint drying. Those spheres were moisture. I can’t wait to see the time lapse!

4 Likes

WTF! hah hah oh my! I’m going to give it another time lapse, that one was radical. I can’t wait to see what happens next! IS a fight going to break out??

5 Likes

Hell yea joe!

1 Like

I love trying decipher the mad scientist ramblings!

3 Likes

th-3875618220

It doesn’t mean thca isn’t in there, it means it hasn’t precipitated out of solution

2 Likes

Yah makes me think it’s low in thc if it’s not hitting the precipitation level after a rosin press.

4 Likes