The quest for unicorn gold!

Conditions have to ride that saturation curve in order for crystals to form, waxes fats terps and impurities will move the target nucleation conditions

It’s why you see butane and pentane diamonds, alot of the impurities can be removed to take them out of the equation, doing it with rosin is an art

2 Likes

I guess it’s an art, except I do it all the time. I’m not sure how other people do it, and not get crystals. hmm. I wonder if anyone else has microscopic photos of rosin?

3 Likes

Ohh I forgot all this archived footage on my computer. wow! Even Fantasmo had crystals in the rosin. I loved that shit!
ok here it is there will be 20min delay for the 4k version.

5 Likes

Took a while to remember but I finally imaged the 100% THCa crystals in the jar. It’s an aging experiment.

7 Likes

Here’s the really strange part. Try and find an image of a singular THCa crystal. I can’t even find images of rosin under the microscope. In order to see what a crystal looked like I had to go to a web site dedicated to growing thc crystals.

4 Likes

Hey @JoeCrowe . What kind of microscope are you using?

1 Like

It’s a darkfield biological microscope with a camera on it.

2 Likes

Woah we got crystals!

Two of 'em to be exact. I didn’t time lapse all night long, ahhhh… I wish I had the equipment for it, but here is an image. The spheres are shrinking and a couple crystals are there. I don’t think they were there before, because I didn’t see them the entire time I was recording. I’ll check again, though and get back.

2 Likes

same target yesterday.

4 Likes

ohh you know what? I was sitting there thinking about the crystallization. I was like ok, when does it happen?
It happens when I put hash in the dehydrator and crank it up to 60C and also when I put it in the rosin press at 64C. Ah, interesting, that. Seems like I just have to heat it up to 60C and let it cool then the crystals form.

6 Likes

OGK and GMO rosin.

Closer shot. I see sparkles! So there must be some crystals in there somewhere!

10 Likes

Holy shit! Those crystals are forming so slow they are massive! Just a few days ago there were no crystals!

9 Likes

Looks like a image from Alien vs Preditor.

4 Likes

lol here it is after settling for a few hours. You can see some of the crystals are mammoth! Almost as big as a trichome cap itself.

12 Likes

The craziest shit, but if I take a photo a couple times a day, I can see the THC nucleating. Nucleation is fucking slow! I never thought to do a week long time lapse or something. Now that would be wild!

7 Likes

This is awesome!
Science!!!

:exploding_head: Is this process in which the crystals grow?
Is the heat cycle to 60c the catalyst?. At what point would the growth stop? Very interesting experiment brotha!

3 Likes

Yah nucleation is when the crystals grow and fuse together around a central point. I had my eye on the location where the big crystal is that I measured at 92 microns.

Right there it looks like the crystal is adding more. Or that’s just a coincidence. Only time will tell! If you look back on the day I measured that crystal, the pieces weren’t as close. I wonder if I give it another day can they join the larger one? It does almost look like they are bonding on a larger scale. hah hah! ohhh the mysteries!

9 Likes

OGK is about 2.2 percent yield from fresh green buds. That’s decent but not S tier.

4 Likes

OK I think this will be the last photo of the rosin in a couple day time lapse. Gonna cash this in, I can see dust settling on the sample!

It looks wacky now! Crystallization has advanced.

10 Likes

Uhhh, 22 percent from wet weight? Tell me you ment 2.2%

5 Likes