The quest for unicorn gold!

That’s lame. I haven’t been in a while. I figured it’d be cool as hell after it went legal. I learned recently home cultivation is still illegal in Quebec. Like WTF!

2 Likes

Blah, the mantra up there is “At least now, they won’t toss you in jail or take away your kids for growing weed” so that’s the single thing you can count on now. Oh also, now, I can ship weed in the mail and not even give AF what they think is in there because it’s legal to ship it.

2 Likes

Haven’t y’all been doing that with medical forever. I first learned about MOM a long time ago lol

3 Likes

I need to do this today. If I showed my bags, you’d be visually scared haha.
Is a toothbrush good to use to get in there to scrub without damaging the bags?

I’ll take pictures of them before and after to get a good comparison.

2 Likes

LOL, yeah, but now it’s legal… :wink:

2022, the last good year of the Karma Cup!

cheers
G

3 Likes

I used my fingers, but a tooth brush should be soft enough to do the job. Not sure what material it’s made from though, so watch out for the hardness. If the brush is harder than the nylon bag it could cause abrasive damage.

2 Likes

Thanks brotha, I kind of did both. I didn’t apply any real pressure just dancing around on the surface.
Before

After
I don’t think I’ll get it 100% but it’s much better than before.

Pretty dirty water.

2 Likes

It did get them pretty clean, and if you go and do it again, or just do it after the rinse when your done making hash it’ll get into the negative residue zone where it gets cleaner each time you use them. Also, once they dry the hash is really crumbly if there is any left, so it’s easier to get out the second time.

3 Likes

I’ll give them a nice shake when they are dry, rinse again before I make the next batch to ensure all baking soda is gone. I’m adding this as the next step after making a batch to stay on top of it.

Thanks again for sharing this method brotha!

1 Like

Crystallized freeze dried hash. I just wrapped a spoonful in parchment and sealed it in a plastic bag. Then put it into my black skilletools pouch.

Carelessly aged hash! I finally sealed the container.

Fridge crystallization batch. Been in there a while now!

7 Likes

I still haven’t opened that vac sealed refrigerated stuff…I need to find the ol quartz banger and see what it’s about. Stupid Peak still won’t work. Ah well.

2 Likes

Fuuuck me dragonfly earth medicine aka josh and kelly have been evacuated from the farm. Their place is fine but some of their stuff burned up! That’s a shitty thing. The fires are going crazy up here!

5 Likes

OK! This is the diagram for tirah valley. Quite a gap between the size of the sessile and capitates. I don’t think there would be much 73 hash. The smaller trichomes are larger than 90 micrometers! Notice how all the “large” trichome caps are on the mid vein of the calyx. One of the many radical reveals in the trichome study.

11 Likes

hah hah I’m almost ready to make that batch. I’ve almost got all the ice I need to do it, and I’m excited to see the results! Also! Much trepidation! No real flavors from the buds, sadly, so I don’t expect many terps. On the other hand, I would really like to be surprised, lol! Perhaps it’ll press well. OK! So even though the trichome count said it was “good” my human eye said not likely. This will be my very first actual test of the counting method I had lifted from the trichome study outta SFU. By counting the trichomes in veg, can I determine if it’s a good yield, or, should I just use the perhaps superior method of eyeball magic.

5 Likes

OK peoples! Getting things fired up here already in anticipation! I highly doubt anyone is going to call today by 10…seeing as how there’s only 40min left. So, I’ll wash these bags in warm water with baking soda, in case some dust settled on them. I don’t have them in containment, so there is always the possibility now of some lame microplastic settling on the bags there… Making me fly into a rage!!! lol! I’m going to wash their holding bag today and use it. Before I was keeping them in the freezer. Which I might go back to doing!

6 Likes

huh, it was amazingly gross. I keep getting brown shit out of my bags! Even after I had gone nuts rinsing them last time.

2 Likes

Oh my! I forgot the most important part, to weigh the biomass. I only remembered after I tossed it in the bucket. Then I was like oh, just blew months of work in 3 seconds, fucking genius.

8 Likes

Alrighty I’m done the batch! Not all is lost in the measuring dept. I harvested what I thought was a kilo, so I can at least use my magic human eye to determine the yield. I call it magic, because unlike most things, my eye can easily tell the difference between MORE and LESS of something. I think there’s like a brain attached to the eye or something?? Not sure how it all works :wink:

3 Likes

Thank fuuuuuuuck! I got such a strong signal, I know for sure my human eye is way better at telling me what the score is.

Now, that’s a strong signal.

9 Likes

ok! On the back of just falsifying the count thing, I’ll explain the eyeball plan. I know some people have seen this before.
You build a baseline out of microscopic images. Images of one, two and three percent yielding calyx. At different stages of maturity. Then you just call up the image of the unknown and the known ones and compare them. That’s the best way to determine if the new plant you are growing, will yield in the hash department.

3 Likes