The quest for unicorn gold!

lol! Ohhh the hits keep coming from that plant… literally. I took a hit but it was only 90% melt and tastes like carrots. On the other hand, it didn’t leave a strange stain on the crystal. The resin itself is really clear. Boom! What’s the saying?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome, and death is listening, and will take the first man that screams. Yarrrrrrr!!!

5 Likes

I see crud. The melt is alright, and there’s the evidence it’ll never be a prize winner. that and the .5% yield.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Is your missing yield in the previously cleaned seams ? Might be better leaving them filled

3 Likes

Most great innovators go through quite a few iterations on their models. I’m so happy you’re sharing the progress.

3 Likes

It’s the most important part, but also so painful and boring! I was just glad the signal was strong or else I just wasted 4 months of my life. hah hah ohhhh the pain of it all!

lol! I wish. I did save another big bud batch I can make, if I’m really bummed from the shit yield. Those shit yield batches, you just have to suck it into your soul and treasure the pain! OUCH! At least it proves I’m still alive!

2 Likes

That one batch is practically untouched!

Hopefully this is crystallized in 6 days! It’s the festival batch.
So hard to focus on the powder batch the camera is useless.

8 Likes

hah hah know what? Use marcus bubblemans advice, turn that frown upside down with the rosin press!

7 Likes

hmm it dabs alright. Craziest thing, there’s no flavor. Like… I thought pure thc was flavorless, well welcome to whatever this is!

I crushed the hell out of it. I was one button press away from complete destruction.
I put a few nuggets of big bud hash in the rosin, to take it to the next level! By itself, it was like dabbing pure thc. Even though I know it’s not.

5 Likes

In a bit I’ll see if there was any cystallization of THC. I’m curious about that part!

1 Like

From everything you’ve described I would say that one isn’t a keeper! Alright. I’ve put it off long enough. Gonna clean that banger and try that vac sealed refridgerated stuff. I’ll report back soon.

1 Like

Bent the hash before I cut it opened and it made clean cracks, yet still has a taffy consistency. Now that it’s room temp it is very melty

8 Likes

Tastes like chocolatina hash. Great melt though. I guess I’d say better than before going through the vac seal and refrigeration process.

6 Likes

fascinating! Its definitely not crystallized, it’s more like taffy. Looks good!

1 Like

It was definitely potent after not hitting concentrates for a lot of months. Not sure I’ll go at it again. Hate to say it but dabbing just isn’t my thing. If someone else maintained the rig and fed them to me then fuck yeah but I just have such a good rhythm with chopping up some flower and packing a bowl. So easy to clean with hot water and the sink sprayer. Iso when necessary. I also have some sort of pretentious “if the flower can taste this good, then why do I need the hash?”

Anyone in Michigan need some hash?

2 Likes

lol I’ll share my story about the whole game, just to illustrate how I got to where I am today in the dabbing arena. I mean everyone knows my current story here on OG but back when I was in my early 30s I was making shelf dried hash and growing buds as well. AK47xGF probably 4% yield in 73 micron. No cannon went un-hash-loaded. I was rolling giant chongers loaded with concentrates. I had started with 8 joints a day and accelerated to that. One day, I roll the last bit of hash into a joint and I’m like damn, that was the end of it.
My friend comes over and grabs my head put it between her uhhh buxom rack and says why do you look so depressed, Matty? Fucking hash ran out. That’s when I realized I didn’t really give a rats ass about buds. Started hot knifing hash it was quick and easy! smoked some weed too, I was still growing it after all. Got some kind of gunk in my lungs from that shit. Would spend half a day coughing it up! quit the weed and just went with the concentrates. Now that I’m like 50, that shit kills me. I’ll take about 20 dabs and lungs feel fine the next day, no coughing fits. It’s a pain in my ass to clean the banger every time, but I feel it’s worth it compared to my old method of hot knifing at 500C! That was murder, too.

9 Likes

Awwww yah! Friday at noon, things will be happening! I’ll have to remember to charge the proxy and get the hash out of the fridge for dabbing! hmmm who will I be seeing this year? I was thinking that I know most of the vip speakers, and I wonder how did they get that gig? lol! Probably because they are well known. I wonder how many concentrate makers I’ll see? The industry loves it when you are single source.

5 Likes

Well it was 2 days shy of 30 days! Seems crystallized, though!

8 Likes

Ahh here we are. It’s all like a bee hive of activity, and some things have definitely changed! I said hi to the staff and che!

Minor smoke in the atmosphere! Some empty-world photos!

Signs of life! Signs of party! There are so many people up there and it’s all just vendors setting up and people doing things. Dab bus is in a completely different location much closer. To my peering eye, all materials have been moved from the location next door, into a central location.

6 Likes

Well I looked at the speaker lineup and… I’ll definitely be puffing some dabs with DEM. hah hah probably Pamela as well. oops that rhymed. Anyways, to stick it to the man, I bring some hash I give to my friends. I’m not sure how that’s sticking it to the man, since it’s legal, but take that…MAN! It starts tomorrow, and there is a steady stream of vehicles outside on the road.

7 Likes