The REAL "Skunk" I WAS THERE

I’m more or less looking for what fits my likes of what I remember oldschool stuff use yo be like…now finding The one…well I’ve said it before hippy slayer does it for me…not rks but shit close enough. P.s I’ll dm you a little later something to add to your sk91 pop

5 Likes

I remeber the weed that we were getting around Eastern Columbus OH farm area like Marysville in 2003 or 4 it smelled like a cat litter box so strong and the smoke was so thick and delicious as well as so unique the smell of the smoke. Was not as strong as G13 I had but it was dam strong and stunk so bad like cat shit. Yes it was real and I was lucky enough to have a rich friend who got that shit daily. Miss those days I moved away.

4 Likes

I have East Ohio Cat Piss going down in the Hunt…
:metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

the guy got it all the time it was always there for him it was real expensive and i remember it was a golden brownish green color smelled exactly like cat piss and so loud wow , hope u can find it was a real gem. For years before I got online and seen "cat piss " I just called it “that catshit weed!” I would always remind my friends they knew too it was very powerful stinky lovely smoke the best I ever had by far for taste

4 Likes

Skunk 96 ? Is that FDA’s??

1 Like

I’ll be logging the “2021 Skunkstravaganza” in my Journal here. Welcome to the Jungle

4 Likes

Saw this link pop up on icmag. Thought it was relevant:

American researchers say they have determined what gives cannabis its skunky smell. Scientists from Indiana-based Byers Scientific and Iowa State University say the compound 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol (“321 MBT”) is the main source of the odor, and not cannabis plant terpenes, which have generally been considered to cause the smell. The research team used analytical chemistry, leaf enclosure study and field observation to isolate and identify the aroma’s source. 321 MBT is the same chemical that causes the skunky-like aroma in spoiled beer, the scientists said. Hops, the main ingredient in beer, is also of the Cannabaceae plant family. The research is part of efforts to devise ways to eliminate the smell.

15 Likes

Interesting…THANKS Why is everyone trying to eliminate the skunk smell ???

5 Likes

I dunno, but if they figure out how, just do the opposite. :partying_face:

11 Likes

Oh it’s out there somewhere.
Can’t get rid of a keeper. :wink:

1 Like

Loved the Christmas budz! and unlike everything else coming across it was never bricked. 10x better than normal “Merch” and barely more expensive.

3 Likes

Springfield? My dad lives there, I’m from less than an hour away bit south of Chambana.

Penny Lane is rad. HORSESHOE SANDWICHES.

1 Like

It was probably (somewhat) local outdoor that a smart grower saved until the Christmas rush. I remember it always being harder to get weed around Christmas for some reason lol

I knew a dude back in the day who grew a really piney killer strain way up in northern ontario. He harvested pounds and pounds and would usually hold onto most of it until the holidays. Garbage bags full of super piney bright green buds! He would never tell me what the strain was.

6 Likes

That shit must if made it all the way down here …cause that’s what was around here …to a t…we called it Christmas tree. Or kB…for kind

3 Likes

321 MBT

9 Likes

I’ll need some time to read that paper fully. It’s a little dry but interesting. How did you find it, lol.

Whether related or not, Roots Organics has added a good amount sulphur in their new “terp teas”. I’m just barely getting started using it but I’ve heard good reviews. One thing I’m noticing is the buds have more of an oily slick feel than real sticky.

We’ll see how this batch of plants come out. I’ve used the Terp Teas much more on these.

I know that Roots had no sulfur in their products until recently. I wonder if it’s somehow related to new studies? I’ll try and read that research paper a little closer later when I’m not so busy.

Thanks for sharing! Peace

2 Likes

You have to remember Sam had access to all those cartel grows too.He had access to massive fields for doing huge sifts at once enough to make jodrey cream his pants.He had access to shit from around the world.

Great post!
Well that paper really ‘nails it’ down.

It is interesting that they found VSC3 peaks during flower then starts to decrease. I noticed something similar with Pineapple Chunk, by harvest the skunk smell wasn’t really noticeable & was gone after curing.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Nope. Bullshit. Weed smells like terpenes… This is accepted truth.

Garlic gets its flavor from garlanene and lemons get their flavors from lemonene. And weed even has hashanene! Terps, yo!

My entire house smells like cat shit for about 3 weeks. Then it smells like tuna helper. Then eventually cedar candy.

Terps are crazy!

3 Likes