The REAL "Skunk" I WAS THERE

Are you in the south east. I recall that. It came around Nov. When reg schwag dried up. It was all that was around , light green almost neon with a piney earth taste and smell. By Jan it was gone until Nov again

4 Likes

Im from Rhode Island but Mexican made its way to every state in the union in those days. You got it though man, piney wintergreen Christmas tree flavor. I would love to give that a whirl nowadays even if it is a 14-16 week flowerer.

6 Likes

CSI had some 79 xmas bud for sale awhile back. Not sure if that’s what you’re looking for but the description seems similar.

11 Likes

Nice find man. I’m gonna have to research that then. Appreciate the link.

Just checked it’s different but still thanks. That’s an Afghani they’re selling not a Mexican equatorial.

5 Likes

Haha, that’s what we called it in Detroit too. And it was always in just before X- mad after the late summer bricks …
:metal::sunglasses:

7 Likes

I started growing round 2000. In 02 or 03 a brother of a friend of mine, a fellow grower, I met but never saw his grow. Anyway, one night, late, I noticed a car pull thru my gate and back up to my front door. Nobody ever does this, especially at night. Thinking I must know them cause the three pitbull S in my yard don’t like strangers. Well turned out it was this guy. I met him at my front door with my sawed off in my hand. Wondering WTF? Him and his girl were fighting and splitting up, so he came and dumped his entire grow in my lap. 30 something plants. I grew them out and found three keepers I liked one was a very sweet skunk. I lost it in my first divorce doing the same thing as he did, but I managed to keep this one SKUNK plant. Let me tell you straight up. Skunk barely describes this plant. If you’ve ever been sprayed by a skunk, or had your dog sprayed by one. I’m talking identical to skunk spray. I could open the jar to roll a joint at the construction site, and at the slab next door you could hear the workers complaining about the skunk and having to find it so they could run the MFr off. I’m talking roll the windows down, beat the dog, straight out the skunks ass ,smell. During the flowering, the leaves would turn purple, at the end of the cycle the leaves were jet black. I grew it until l '08 I bet it’s still out there somewhere. And I’m hunting it too. I think I know about Skunk.

17 Likes

That is exactly what the skunk I grew smelled like, you really didn’t want to open the jar. But in a paper, and the inhale, blew up in your lungs cough it out tasted so fn good, and the high, let me tell you, I was smoking two hit weed for 3-4 yrs. I rolled up a Hogglegg just to see how high I would get, the very 1st joint off my plant, well I got so FUCKING paranoid I had to go puke. For real. pinners only for awhile after that.
:v:
Edit

Blockquote[quote=“GregorSmith, post:40, topic:43171”]
Hey this is going off subject a little but does anyone remember Christmas Tree weed from back in those days too
[/quote]

Yeah, I was talking to @Booyah bout it. Turns out mine was coming from a big farm in AZ. Now I’m starting to wonder if it was an early OG farm raise on a major scale. everybody thought it was Mex brick to. Piney, spunky two hit weed. A little more pricey. For the last 5 years before I started growing. I chased the skunky weed. It’s all I would smoke, I got to know many, many dealers. Working my way up the chain is where I found out about the Christmas bud and Arizona farms.

7 Likes

Cool story my friend. So we’re both still lookin ? It must be out there somewhere. Chubby

The first skunk bud I got was dark purple almost black.
That was eighties . In the nineties it was green.

2 Likes

Every now and then it would throw a hermie seed. I also cut loose some clones. My gut feeling says mine is still alive. Hell, I’d take a hermmie cut back …my buds went from Houston to Cali, to Montana to Florida all over Texas and everywhere in between. I had one hell of a customer list. Pro ball players, headline bands, UFC fighters. …No telling who’s growing it where. I grew it for about 8 years, it’s possible , probable, still alive.

10 Likes

The friend I got mine from was in Houston.
Still the most paranoid I got from weed I ever smoked.
The hunt continues…

3 Likes

So…I am smoking it now. It is held very tight here in the Valley in Virginia…and grown outdoors.
They call it around here Appalacia Skunk…it is not easy to get as you have to have old school connects.
It makes my girl want to puke to smell it in the bag or smoking it…it permeates outside the house…pull out a bud and it blows up the room…I have Sour D and NY Diesel as well but they do not even come close to comparing the stench from the skunk…you will reek for hours after smoking this and everyone will look at you like you smell because you do.
No chance of getting a cut…never found any seeds either…I am just able to buy maybe 1/4lb at a time once a year when it is around.

13 Likes

Its held tight with whoever has it.
Especially when the holders see what goes on with other genetics that’s been released.
Its the way it is.

6 Likes

Didn’t Bodhi do an Appalacian Super Skunk? I would say that anyone looking for modern skunks from old school lineages check out Bodhi’s Appalacian Super Skunk, RKS or Skunk 91 D.

I too remember our Westcoast skunk strains being far too stinky to store inside, we don’t really have that many skunks (the animal) here on the island but it is a very common smell come mid-summer early fall when outdoor is in full swing :drooling_face:

5 Likes

always thought that a Gainesville Green descendant

4 Likes

I let one go in a shop today, masks didn’t help much…

4 Likes

Was gifted supposed original Skunk1 cut that comes from the hills of Humbolt and is supposed to have been held there by an old hippie who was a recluse. Supposed to be on its way…Skink run as soon as it arrives. I have about 7contenders in seed and cuts including ASS and Sk95’. Smelliest so far is the Exodus UK cut but it is NOT Skunkunless you rolled one in Cheetos…
:metal::sunglasses:

15 Likes

Agreed. I grew a Northern LightsXSkunk #1 and it positively wreaked of fruity rotten meat. I’ve got a single seed of that left…

3 Likes

I also liked Skunk 2 back when i started growing. LaMota Seeds sell something they call - Old School Skunk 2.0 :grin:

It’s probably not as advertised but at 12 Euros for 3 fem seeds it might be worth a try…

Could be a while, think their shut down

4 Likes

What do you guys think about this skunk?

Road Kill Skunk F2

3 Likes