The REAL "Skunk" I WAS THERE

I guess that’s not bad… if it’s not it… its only what you’ll pay for any other hyped up strain that’s that turns out to be bunk.

2 Likes

Well its just Heime Scamba’s RKS f2d.

I guess $100 is better than $500 but its not RKS.

The description even nasically just says its ‘skunky weed’. Ya know, just like 99% of all weed.

7 Likes

@Craigson15 it might not be rks…but your logic for saying there’s no rks…all weed is skunky. . Well that might be true…but so is saying all the nba players are good…that too is true…but its levels. They might all be pros…but they’re not all mj, lebron,ect. So there’s truth even in that.:v:t5:

5 Likes

If you’re going to sell me something called RKS, it better be Jordan dunking from the foul line. Otherwise, it’s Skunk.

7 Likes

Its all its been so far notice?
Respectable or semi respectable breeders taking everybody’s hard earned cash.
For what?

3 Likes

I understand…if its not rks you shouldn’t be advertising as such. Especially with the high ass price tag. Just to find out it’s what everyone else is offering. Its not right… but that’s not to say it doesn’t exist. Is all I’m saying. Yes there’s plenty of skunky weed…but is there/was there something superior in that gentic… I say yes…

5 Likes

I know it exists

5 Likes

Cool man, I’ve been taking a similar effort, going back to contacts I knew decades ago, trying to see if anyone has anything. So far nada. I think that’s the way though… to go to the old growers and dealers who had the real thing, and stop buying into every instagram clown claiming to have it.

4 Likes

I wish that I had some of that skunk that fell in love with back in the early 90s in Springfield IL. I bet just smelling that stuff would bring back some awesome memories. I love that stanky shit. The closest thing I got currently is Venom OG and Cat Piss (which I just finished growing). I never smoked Cat Piss back in the day but the Cat Piss I grew ummmm is not my palate. Been growing a lot of fruity shit (Blueberry Muffin, Pineapple Upsidedown Cake, Magic Melon) and I am not really into fruity flavors but I liked the strains quality. I to need focus on getting some more stanky stuff for garden.

8 Likes

What up Scrud. Too strange ! My home town was The Patch . Born and raised there… grad SHS 1972 !!! Penny Lane was just a little shop owned by the Pergason’s before they sold it to Joe Utterback. I talk to Joes brother Harvy every once in a while. The Skunk you got, was more than likely from the Skunk/ Afghan Kush seeds my buddies brought back, in the early 70’s. I got my nick name “Chubby,” in Springfield back in the 70’s because I grew fat stinky buds !. Do you still live there ? Take care

24 Likes

I spent my Jr and Sr high years there in 90’s and moved away to MN in 96 but now I just recently moved to STL. Yes penny lane my favorite store that I was terrified to shop at lol growing up. Lots of memories of that town.

3 Likes

@FortyFi 60 miles south of St. Louis here.

2 Likes

Welcome! I was living in the Twin Cities in '96, then ended up in STL for over 15 years before leaving for other parts of MO a few years ago.

1 Like

No nostalgia at all in my part about rks. I grew it for a few year back mid 80’s in SoCal. Rock hard golf ball buds that smelled of dead skunk no mistake about it flavor was extremely robust and the slightest hit would blow up your lungs. 1/3 of a bong rip and you didn’t need anymore. Extreme power behind the high, phenomenal flavor all the way through the bowl the bowl!
Hard to explain but as others say if you weren’t there you have no clue.
It was outrageous long 3 to 4 hour high. Most of today’s poly x poly, At most an our. Some test high(thc) and have decent flavors but for the most part most of today’s herb is generic and lacks character.

15 Likes

I agree Goodgear. Most of todays strains are all the same ! The real skunk would definitely blow up your lungs. The seeds were twice as big as todays seeds.

5 Likes

Plants from seedling smelled of skunk strongest smelling seedlings I’ve ever had
Would love to bring that flavor and high back to the forefront and let those that never sampled try it. Would blow the flower market out of the water

6 Likes

So far I have 15 strains that are supposed to throw RKS Phenos . Trying to get a group grow going next month.

Spot on with the expansion in the lungs and heavy long buz. Other thing is breaking up I would have sneezing fit and eyes watering. Huge seeds like pale coconuts. Looking for an Old Afghani Kush to throw down…
:metal::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Hey 8ter, Are you lookin to make some F1’s or just pheno huntin ? Big seeds are a real positive trait for original Skunk ! Good luck

2 Likes

@GoodGear great description sad we will never see it again

Recently I’ve seen a great deal of claims of its the real RKS I call BS on all ( and a lot of names that I respect saying they have it too and for big big money )
Remember the reason it went by- by to begin with
It really really stunk cops and rippers would smell it a mile ,away a sealed bag would reek of ass !

I say it’s dead unless some old hippie has some in a freezer some were and I doubt that

500 plus a pack wtf :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Anyone can call anything RKS and someone will buy it until they grow it and see it’s a lie

Let’s remember fondly in our happy place what once was for it’s gone forever like our youth

Peace
Paps

7 Likes

I hope the real RKS is out there.
Had such a great heavy stone, really hit me in the temples.
I was always paranoid to the max carrying in sizable amount.
I agree it was bred out to remove stink. Big mistake. :disappointed:

2 Likes