The Thunderdome

Anyone know where they sell taller 3 gallon pots ? Looking for length not girth (said no woman ever)

4 Likes

Go for plastic garbage cans for like your kitchen

4 Likes

Tahoe turned out to be a male really shocked it had a nice compact bushy structure maybe the overwatering it was a factor idk

Azad may have let a single premature shot off I found a suspect sack that looked split removed it …was empty

How long does it typically take for a sack to open

Upon inspection several plants within the path had little specks on leaves or it could have just been my imagination idk

Still no pistils so hopefully no harm no foul and if so I guess I’ll have a couple random Azad crosses lol

3 Likes

Just watch for them to swell the bigger they get the closer the time.
Also bear in mind that when they first open up they don’t release automatically But not long after.
Gives ya time if you’re watching them to collect

3 Likes

Yeah I just want to collect a little been kind of nervous leaving it in there but these lady’s sure are taking there sweet time on showing lol

1 Like

Well things sure can escalate quickly sometimes 3 ladies decided to show themselves

Purple Badlands

Green Lantern

GSC X Pineapple Kush

15 Likes

Only one leaves the thunder dome!!!

4 Likes

I really expected more Carnage in such small containers but everything is going smoothly for now but will see in a couple weeks what flowering does to these little cups

2 Likes

Happy Presidents day

So it was a pistil explosion by the time I peaked in today
So the only thing not sexed is mother’s milk and the helmet head GSC that’s a week or so behind all the rest

Only one more male exposed himself the Skywalker OG
x Pineapple Kush unfortunately

So as of now the official female line up is

1. Suge PK Uzbekistan
  2. Oregon Huckleberry x Pink Animal Crackers
  3. Green Lantern
  4. Purple Urkle
  5. Gorilla Slippers
  6. GSC X Pineapple Kush
  7. Bad Azz Cookie OG
  8. Purple Badlands
  9. Tiger Jack

I also have an OG Kush that hasn’t sexed but is a fem seed so it should be a female but stranger things have happened

Azad shall get his chance to pass his pollen which is good because his sacks are starting to swell
As planned I’m gonna cross him to Suge maybe something else to any suggestions?

Pretty sure mother’s Milk is gonna be a lady to she’s just trying to miss Azads load :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

11 Likes

14 Likes

@OleReynard you think this is mature enough to collect pollen or should I wait another day?

7 Likes

Has any started to open. Any spooge showing on leaves yet?
I like to isolate and hand pick as they open, you might have to check 3x a day

2 Likes

A couple have split a little bit Im not a 100% sure if one popped a couple days ago or if it was my eyes fucking with me I was seeing small dots on the leaves but they were not very uniform in size …will go in isolation and I’ll pick one of the more mature looking sacks to pull off now

2 Likes

You can harvest right on the plant just use a small plastic cup.
Hold cup under target and gently poke at the flower, pull flower when done. youll see a cloud of pollen fall.

11 Likes

You can see the dust on the leaves it’s not pm.
When you start to see dust on your leaves it’s time to watch closer.
You’ll get the hang of it.

In the plastic cup you can see all the mature male flowers under them is an ample supply of pollen.
I’m about done collecting so chop time today.
Unfortunately other male didn’t throw as many flowers but I got some off it.

3 Likes

Go to the bakery section of the Sobeys and get the batter buckets with lids for free. They are about 5 gallons but are 12"x12" square and quite tall. I used them for years, the square shape helps to pack’em in to a small space with great depth. They’re white, have a handle and lid, and they give them away. Just drill holes in bottom as needed, there is a little rim on the bottom that keeps the pot about 1/4 from the tray too. Last for years good food grade container.

3 Likes

They do make boot trays for muddy wet boots I love mine. This is what I bought.

4 Likes

We unfortunately don’t have a Sobeys near me

2 Likes

Thank you so much @OleReynard for the quick response

3 Likes

Any grocery store with a bakery has them, for premixed batter, and shortening etc. Just go right to the bakery an ask, they have shitloads and want to get rid of them without filling up the recycling dumpster.

2 Likes