Thecrazster's first grow ever

for all that were wondering or waiting on this thread im sorry ive been gone for so long with no update. there will be redemption and i will keep updating this thread until exactly that.

1 Like

popping jack herer!! from @AzSeaindooin420 !!!

looks like about 15 beans! filled up the cup about a 1/4 full of water and a splash of 3% h2o2 aka hydrogen peroxide

1 Like

last time i tried h2o2 i got a 100% germ rate, the hard part for me is getting them to sprout.

pretty much the same as last time most of them had visible tap roots, some were still popping but very high germ rate! almost 100 percent!!

i put seeds in cups of starter soil about a fingernail deep each 2 days ago, and i see some green shooting out :grin: watered them about an hour ago we will see what happens :seedling:

1 Like

2 Likes

Screenshot 2022-10-15 12.24.00 PM
Raining right now!! hopefully some more sprout!

1 Like

2 Likes

loving the gifs :rofl: :green_heart: @Rogue

1 Like

started sprinkling again! right as i was turning the soil :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-10-15 4.21.48 PM

those canna babies are in for a rough night :seedling: :flushed: we’ll see how it pans out though hopefully mother nature isn’t to harsh on em :pray:

Tilling the soil? Why would you do such a silly thing, that’s what the rain is telling you.
Permaculture is the only way we gonna survive on this planet.

1 Like

Permaculture and self sufficiency is the end goal. ill only need that initial tilling and then after i will incorporate no-till solutions such as cover cropping and mulching.

1 Like

I have had great results just throwing vegetable seeds on a field of grass.
Of everything I’ve tried that gave me the biggest yields.
Zuchinnis the size of my thigh, it was mental.

The grass is your friend, it holds an insane amount of water, provides shade, but never too much or too less because it’s so thin. It harvests a huge amount of dew as well, that slides down into the soil, and also beneficial fungi thrive in conjunction with grass.

It also attracts frogs, lizards, and many other creatures that eat the ones we don’t want, while slowing down slugs tremendously.

Grass and vegetables go extremely well together, it makes no sense to seperate the two.
Seperation doesn’t work. Let it all co-exist. It is all designed by nature to work together.

Ok, gonna make a thread, I don’t wanna hijack your thread.
I appreciate what you’re doing and thank you for growing!

1 Like

those would be called “volunteers” right? either way it sounds like you’ve hit the jackpot for gardening in your area. :love_you_gesture:

not to mention the roots in the soil will break down overtime, which in turn creates rich fertile soil.

agreed. everything works together in harmony if you leave it alone. theres an area in my yard that i let weeds and shrubs take over, years later and there is native trees, bushes and flowers absolutely beautiful.

don’t feel that way man if anything you’re adding a meaningful and very needed conversation and i appreciate you too. keep overgrowing the world!!! :green_heart: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Here’s the thread:

I would also like to add that the “fruits” of vegetables like pumpkins for example will be laying on a cushion of grass, like a nest, making butt rot less likely. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I threw all the seeds on purpose, as an experiment, and I was astonished.

1 Like

thankfully the seedlings are ok :pray: would yall like to see? :seedling: