Tony Greens Tortured Beans

Ouch that had to hurt! I’m sorry you lost so much primo bud. Sounds like they forgot to stress test their cross?

1 Like

Seems that way…I wonder if they were breed in a very dry environment.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hey @Kabuddha what’s your grow environment like? Environmental controls and settings? I ask because I’ve never seen you post a plant you’ve grown but you comment a lot on growing. Can we see a picture of the plants? I kind of doubt anyone could make a mold-bomb in a simple cross which makes me think it’s probably your growing environment or practices.

2 Likes

Haha, I don’t post pics because I’m what they call superstitious…:wink:. Maybe a pic of some hash or something…I’m probably gunna get a camera setup, so I can mail pictures to interested parties.

It wasn’t my opp…given that it isn’t particularly dry…just ambient socal humidity, I add all leaves back into the pot, and occasionally the leaves on top will mold, but nothing serious! …but they were seriously a mold bomb…I was shocked.

My money is these were grown in a unfinished attic with space heaters…dry, dry, dry

I guess my point is that 5/6 plants lost to mold is not a breeder problem, that’s a grower problem. Even if they are lacking mold resistance, that shouldn’t be an issue in growing indoors if you’re controlling the environment at all and maintaining good hygiene in the grow space. What was the foliar you applied before leaving?

8 Likes

Well the space I’m currently using has just an ambient atmosphere…socal. the foiler was just 1/2 strength nutes, nothing special or out of the ordinary.

Still man, if you lost five of six you’re doing something wrong. Coming in here and saying anything else other than hey Tony I tried growing your stuff but I messed it up is just not being honest with yourself, and I don’t think you’re going to improve your growing pointing fingers instead of trying to analyze what went wrong in your failed grow.

11 Likes

It wasn’t tonys stuff. It was a cross made from his gear.

@Dirt_Wizard I don’t want to put you on the spot here, I know your profile says you are from the north east…however, there was this guy from Hawaii back in the day that I used to go back and forth with like this…:wink:

Lol

200w (2)

6 Likes

“Mr. Anderson” :wink::dash:

Ok so you don’t track temperature or humidity, compost green leaves in the top of the pots during flowering, do (presumably organic) nute foliars, haven’t mentioned filtered air, fans for circulation, IPM, or any other best practices for controlling molds and funguses, and live in a place with 60-80% average humidity year-round, and you think it’s the genetics?

:man_facepalming:

12 Likes

Have you joined the quire? Umm what the saying…no duh!

Honestly I definitely think it was the genetics. Further I think it was probably intentional…or at least off handed, like growing in Canada in a unfinished atic with space heaters, extreamly low humidity, and then gifting the beans to people in the rain forest…yeah right.

Ya know they say very low humidity increases resin production…:wink:

So an update: the one plant that survived…Im running a haze cross, so I think I will cross it to the haze…and then pass some beans around when I get there…:guitar::wink:

Mmmhmmm

1 Like

The mold spores had to come from somewhere to infect the plant :man_shrugging:

19 Likes

Indeed…it was just those ones though…I blame the person who sent me the cross… FYI — they were Greenpoint testers someone “gifted” me. That should be all the explanation needed…:poop:

I’m excited to cross the one plant with my haze though… should be fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

“Like growing in Canada in a unfinished atic with space heaters, extreamly low humidity, and then gifting the beans to people in the rain forest”

That’s a strange reference. Lol

8 Likes

not trying to razz ya or troll ya but… if you think the mold came from the cross in the first place… why would you then go use it in another cross to gift to people?
Would that not then, according to you theory, be passing on genetics that somehow have the ability to store and fruit mold spores in thierr genetic make-up?

I get that pathogens can exist on the outside of a seed. Mold and mildew spores especially.
So if the plants have say, powdery mildew and seeds were made in that room. Pretty safe to assume that the seeds could carry mildew spores on thier exterior… maybe even boytris spores.
Cannabis plants don’t contain the ability to create mold or mildew in thier dna , the pathogens must be introduced to the growing plants.
I have been growing Tony Green lines and using some in crosses for going on 7 years now and I have never had a mold issue not once. Even growing them in a cold frame greenhouse at 52North/3000Ft
It’s not the genetics plain and simple.

23 Likes

Did you follow Joe Crowe’s protocol 0 ?
@Kabuddha

2 Likes

I think I understand now. There’s a conspiracy of Canadian growers, in collusion with Greenpoint Seeds, who are breeding mold-prone strains in dry Vancouver attics, to be distributed to Southern Californian growers, especially the ones in rainforests (which SoCal is definitely full of) in order to sabotage America.

18 Likes
8 Likes

:partying_face:First off Happy 2023 everyone! :partying_face:

I think I can clear this mystery up pretty fast here.
I was just going to let this whole thing ride.
The person who sent him the cross was me.

He is taking a cheap shot at me.
Why you may ask?

I have a guess, but it is just that.
Here is my side of things.

I sent him some seeds and asked him to do a grow and show, not really a tester, just show a finished pic if nothing else.

Here is our original conversation.
shaggyballsRegular Emeritus

May 14

I have some pine tar gush X bubblehead seeds.
I am not doing a give away but if you wanna grow and show some for me, I could send you some.
I just made them and have not grown any myself.
I would love to know what is in those magic beans. :drooling_face:

His response was " I think I’m gunna run them outside, so should pop them soon."
I told him they shipped.
His response was…“I will throw them on water when they arrive!”
So later on he told me he tried to sprout some and they did not sprout, died or whatever.
I told him I just tossed all the white ones in a house plant and got near 100% germination.
Then he told me they were mostly white seeds.
I did not send him even 1 white seed, I hand picked them myself.
A month or 2 later…

When I asked him how things were going he kept making excuses.
Then he asked me this…."So how do I get a cut of the bubble gum? "
My reply was first fulfill your prior comitment to me before asking for anything else.
He did not like that and disappeared and never talked to me again.
Now he wants to play these kid games.
I got no time for shit like that.

I personally think he not who he says he is.
I also do not think he is where he says he is.

If one were to look at his posts, one/you will easily see he has very little understanding of how things work in America but says he lives here.
He has a 90210 area code but is hangin out on OG beggin seeds all day???

Something fishy about this one that is for sure.
But one should decide that for oneself/yourself.
That is my story and I am stickin 2 it…LOL

To better year in 2023… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Peace
Shag

25 Likes