Upstate new York grows

I have photo’s that have just started. Took a plant down this weekend:

All plants i have are flowering, just playing the game with judging how wet our weather is vs how dense the flowers / buds are. Want them to go as long as they can w/o getting bud rot.

3 Likes

You’ll be lucky to make it to the second week of October. I’m usually done by the 10. Ulster county can make it to almost November at times

4 Likes

Where I’m at you can usually make it through the second week in October, after that you better start getting ready

2 Likes

Due to back surgery and relentless leafhoppers I had to use my good ol harbor freight this year.

15 Likes

Thats just down the road from one of my old bush patches. Pretty country.

1 Like

Plants need to finish by Oct 10th here and they need good frost resistance to make it that long. You should have slightly better conditions where you are along the lake.

Highland Oaxaca Gold grown outdoors ( light dep)

12 Likes

Thats one of the most beautiful things Ive seen.

I brought all my plants indoors last weekend just as the rains started. I have them under a 60w light just to finish another couple weeks to finish up the seeds their producing.

4 Likes

Our outdoor season closed a couple/ few weeks ago this year. Too cold/ rainy since mid September ( for tropicals)or so here I’m in the same boat as you, using indoor space to finish seed.

6 Likes

Just about to pull the last ones brother weather wasn’t looking promising…
6S

2 Likes

Next couple days look great here. C***** where you are?

2 Likes

have read about this - interesting and true (tto many tings to worry about beside Mon pahses when growing out doors !!

1 Like

That’s what I thought originally and then I read something different that made me absolutely positive it was OK to grow this year. It was not. Myself and much of my whole family openly grew this year. When I read the article they forgot to mention That the law wasn’t going into effect immediately. I remember something like “as of today New York State citizens that are old enough are allowed to cultivate cannabis”… yes. In 2024

5 Likes

It’s an unclear time at this point, since we don’t know when the dispensary will open. A memo went out to all police to not bother with minor tickets. If your only growing a couple plants no one is going to say anything

3 Likes

I "donated " so many plants this year to random NY beginning to grow just to get it out there and have the plants in as many locations as possible. I feel like if everyone grew a few plants it would go a long way for taking the criminal elements that growing cannabis has. ive been growing for 20 years inside but it was nice feel like it was OK for us to grow this amazing plant near the tomatoes and peppers.

5 Likes

I grew 20 plants in my buddy’s backyard in a real nice suburb.
They were pretty visible and neighbors “caught” me watering them many times.
Not a single problem. And no rippers.

Im liking this new culture of legality.
Cops may know rec stores aren’t open yet, but the common people think its wide-open legal.

5 Likes

Exactly! My buddy delivers oil. He said people were growing everywhere last year on this belief. It bugged us out how comfy people were growing! The lack of rippers also bugged us out.
Growing up people would take plants in veg.

5 Likes

This was mine this year I had 4 like this
Second pic is my ag from @lambchopedd she is inside to finish

9 Likes

I am not upstate as my name indicates in my backyard in a village

2 Likes

If you consider the reservations opened dispensary’s if not legal why are they not shut down

Reservations have separate laws don’t they? The illegality only applies to home growers at this time.

4 Likes