Vietnamese strains wanted

If your in the northern part of vietnam you may have better luck, dalat is something to look for but most of the scene there is people growing cookies and what not. I have sone vietnamese genetics but would like the silver leaf variety. I would talk to older farm women as they would be more likely to be the keepers of seed. Best of luck to you

7 Likes

Thanks - I am heading to Dalat tomorrow but wont be making it north of Hanoi this trip, sadly.

5 Likes

Best of luck to you, would be awesome if you find something pure but you would have to find the right person , dalat is a good place to look though.

4 Likes

Iā€™m afraid donā€™t really have much information on this other than it was derived from a reversed clone. I looked around a little and couldnā€™t find much specific. From what I gather, Doc D has used this clone for some of his crosses in the past.

I believe these guys were the source of the cut, https://kionathc.com/

3 Likes

Iā€™m totally on the fence about this one too. One the one hand, if itā€™s an S1, then it must be a pretty special landrace clone that these guys found. On the other hand, I donā€™t love S1ā€™s, and $15/seed is a lot to choke down.

Iā€™d love to see someone here run them ā€“ if anybody does, then I would gladly run my pack of Vietnamese from the Landrace team and send you pollen from the best male.

9 Likes

Ooooooh. I canā€™t do it anymore. I didnā€™t want to jinx myself by counting my chickens before they hatch, but:

I put in an order the very minute I found out it was available. Lmfao

8 Likes

Hope theyā€™re incredible!
Are you thinking of breeding them?

4 Likes

Opps, me too:

11 Likes

lmao, I see youā€™re better at containing your excitement than I.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a disease. I must control the endorphin rush. :smile:

5 Likes

Isnt it amazing we all covet different shitā€¦lol. Guess thats what makes the world go round, and why ALL seeds sell, lol !!

Nice snag !

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

What did you get for a freebie. I didnā€™t even know it was coming with freebies, but cracked the pack today and found Agent Orange x Exodus Cheese.

2 Likes

In the pack? Thatā€™s a nice surprise.

I havenā€™t opened it yet, in cold storage.

2 Likes

Tiniest eppendorf tube ever.

3 Likes

Mmmm, give me a moment.

edit: nope, nothing extra in the pack. I donā€™t recall if a freebie was included from Labyrinth, otherwise. Theyā€™ve done me well in the past, though.

2 Likes

Unrelated to this, I was thinking earlier itā€™d be a nice option for seedbanks to offer standard freebies or extra seeds of what youā€™re already purchasing.
Nothing against the AOxCheese but iā€™ll probably never run em.

2 Likes

My wifeā€™s from Hanoi. Nothing I smoked there had seeds, but I can ask if anyone finds some to send them my way. Hard to come by as most drug offenses there are punishable by death.

Hard, I have people from there asking me for seeds and they import a lot of flower from North America ā€¦ If I ever get some Iā€™ll run a co-op.

3 Likes

I have fucktons of sativa seed that will almost certainly be south east Asian, though I canā€™t say if they are Vietnamese/ Thai and possibly Cambodian, they get to about 3-4 meters in the tropics with long solid spear type buds. A lot of the thai strains I have seen here tend towards intersex and semi autoflowering, wheras the ones I have show no tendency towards either of these traits. Also most of the plants I have taken seeds from have had a very different structure to the thai, i.e. fatter colas and larger calyx., thai plants are pretty characteristic in full flower. ā€¦
Anyway whatever it is, it is surprisingly potent but also very functional and clear headed. I have no real idea of the parent genetics, however what I do know is that anything that survives and thrives with a foot for rain a week and 100% rh in this part of the world is almost certainly 100% equatorial SE Asian Sativa, AND that they have been grown over many generations by hippies in a banjo part of the world in isolation for decadesā€¦ :grin:

4 Likes

wohoo, hey since long i am long looking atlast for some Reports of some of thes oldschool Asians. I have experiene alleged 70s Vietnamese. It was insane. Since then i cant forget it. Could you probably load some Pictures? I think i would also recognise what they are sometimes its visible, since i seen many pics of modern SE. Asians already

2 Likes

I would also love some of these unknown sativa beans ! I dont necessarily care what they are, I just want a purr Sativa HIGH the ones that is you smoke enough you start to trip.
Anyway let me kniw if we can work something out please. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like