Vietnamese strains wanted

This is a year old thread bro. But someone might get back to you. I know there is alot of interest in in the subject. You might have better luck on another thread.

1 Like

Dont know if it was posted in here yet or not, but Doc D is giving 3 fem Vietnam Black beans with an order of 120.

I messaged him and he said he can also make my a straight VB pack to sell if I wanted. I think it was about 100 bucks for 7 or something. I dont remember. But I am considering it.

Vietnam Black (164 Kiona Cut)
Is how they are listed.
I checked out Kiona seeds on insta and they have a lot of nice genetics as well. You may want to check them out for some asian and Vietnamese strains and crosses. I havnt contacted them yet, but their buds are delicious looking :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hope that helps a little.
Stay Happy :v: :smiley:

2 Likes

I got some Vietnamese landrace seeds gifted to me a week ago. Anyone grown these out yet?

1 Like

Where are they from ?
Im trying to find some as I speak :laughing:

1 Like

Got them from Darkillusion on the The ongoing indoor grow thread last Friday.

2 Likes

I know Kiona was supplied by Zamalito. And Zam selected that 164 cut from a large batch of seeds.
I met both Zam and the guy who runs Kiona - very cool people.
These days, Zam is running an op around Kentucky area

4 Likes

Anyone grew Blackbird Preservations Vietnam Black?

8 Likes

I stumbled into these today

1 Like

should be the exact same line as Hoabac - Reeferman.
it seems to me referman gives the same strain multiple names, also his descriptions vary, per example his cambodian has multiple stories, one he said he got it from a market, once he got it from one place, onther time he mentioned another placeā€¦ anyway i might be mistackenā€¦

4 Likes

Yeah those are hoya bac. Pitty reefer man never sold it pure, in pure form it looks very sativa and very beautiful.

1 Like

who said its unpure? In the post where he showed it before his Selection , with thin buds, he said himselve that the sold version is just a selection of it. did he tell you something else?

i once trusted his word more or less, dunno, probably im wrong to do that.

honestly there are no Grounds for believing someone really without reason, you never know.
i just trust him a bit more because he was releasing lottsa Sativas, even pure ones, and many that he labelled clearly in description as outcrosses and named the parentsā€¦i dont know definitly for shure notā€¦ who knowsā€¦

It performs pretty weak with low light scenarios, worse than Vietblack per exampleā€¦ leads me also to think its pureā€¦ smells not really very sweetā€¦

i cold rather imagine that it catched hybrid pollen at the source, i said ratherā€¦ not from reeferman.

1 Like

someone analysed it crossed to vietblack and this had cbd in it.
so, there is atleast grounds to think its outcrossed, why? because i heard thatmany chineese strains were analysed and had no cbd in it. I didnt check this statment tho. i mean if chinese has zero cbd already, then ā€¦
anyway, the effect was quiet trippy for me, atleast the one time i smoked it. queit nice. a bit too stressy like modern collected strains sometimes can be.

1 Like

Honestly Im not sure if anyone got seeds from the original release of Hoa bac to germinate

Those may be from the most recent oldschool associates ā€œreeferman geneticsā€

Hey, couldnt get much more confusing if they tried, right?

Its a crapshoot out here folks! :slight_smile:

Yeah, hoabac is silverleaf is mindfuck etc

1 Like

just lately somebody on icmag showed seeds that he said were from ā€œthe REAL reefermanā€. Fat leaves aswell bytheway.

they couldnt have looked more similar to oldschoolba wich i boughtā€¦

also: reeferman , dave scott uploaded the unmistackingly special looking pheno of hoabac (veery beautiful, those white icecream sorbet looking hairs you see if you grow realdeal 70s SEAsian genetics / or SEAsian leaning hybrids you know).
i swear im sooo convinced this very particullar look i cant mistacke itā€¦ i have this look to, mine looked identical, just the same, with an cyanblue hueā€¦

imho too much talking and roundabout, let me think, 1 person that grew any of oldschoolbas hoabacā€¦ Me,
imho, its just pointless to lay out my veeery lenghty research, (it feels like it, you keep speculating since the beginning of this seedcompany,ā€¦ zero people have grown it other than me it feels like) and i leave you with a
ā€œtrust meā€. grown oldschoolbas hoabac, and find out its probably reefermans gear reproducedā€¦

7 Likes

@lefthandseeds have you ever got seeds from these guys? Are their genetics what they say they are? Thanks

1 Like

I have their Vietnamese strain but I havenā€™t run it yet. I think theyā€™re legit, just a bit expensive.

1 Like

Someone contacted me in PM and said heā€™d be able to shoot me some VB. I have to go back and dig that up. I forgot what the circumstances were but they really talked in up, too. Iā€™ll find it and find out what happened and where they got it.

2 Likes

consider these banks for ā€“ Authentic Genetics, Old school Genetics, James Bean Seeds, Swamieā€™s - The Real Seed Company (have more if you want them)

1 Like

I saw a Viet black repro for sale last night. Iā€™ll see if I can find the link for you. :slight_smile: :v:

1 Like

If the story I heard of Vietnam black is true, the cbd comes from the Afghan side.