:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Some guys do diluted lemon juice too

Lemon - peroxide - water. I think.

You’ll need to ask somebody else for concentrations :+1:

2 Likes

I just put them in the shower I got a big strain basket. I hose them down

1 Like

I use Baking soda and lemon juice mixed with water in a 5 gal bucket. Swish your branch around for 20-30 seconds. Then into another 5 gal bucket with clear water. Works good for me. And you oughta see the crud it washes off

5 Likes

Just used @BigMike55 method and will from now on. That bucket was kinda gross I had to change out solution.

1 Like

For my indoor grow, I’ve only been using the peroxide and water, then a rinse in plains water.

4 Likes

that will work if the pH of your tap water is less than 8, otherwise, add around 1-2 grams of baking soda per liter of water. I like the 3 bucket method - the lemon-baking soda solution is a tried-and-true organic produce wash. The chemical reaction serves as a surfactant, gently ejecting dust, debris, and the majority of unwanted stuff from the buds. The hydrogen peroxide serves as a disinfecting bucket.

2 Likes

ugh washing makes me nervous for my indoor grow.
all of my air intakes are filtered so do yall think it would be worth the time?

2 Likes

I wouldnt wash indoor. Outdoor a must.

2 Likes

good, glad to hear, i was wondering how much ppl were going to push that.

1 Like

So glad I found this thread, just read top to bottom. been thinking about a wash this year for the outdoor crop, and now I’m fully convinced. Thanks for all the info :v:t2:

4 Likes

I suggest you try in on some indoor. I am in basement setting and can see from my carbon covers that they get dirty.

It isn’t gonna hurt the plant. I do both indoor and outdoor. Might be overkill but same time, I and friends think it makes a difference.

Just do one branch and do a side by side of the finished buds and smoke test. We are all about flavors so the wash helps that.

4 Likes

I do this every crop and love the results. I’ll add a h202 bath before the lemon/b.soda if there was any PM.

3 Likes

Indoor isn’t really needed. But, if you use any sort of spray during bloom, then I’d wash it. I used some garden soap for more control up till the week or two before chop. I wash those buds.

5 Likes

Just make sure you rinse well after washing, I have had some bud with lemon juice and baking soda left on, and it tastes crap lol. I may have forgot to rinse that plant altogether, and I ended up making oil with it.

4 Likes

Question (Dwight look) ? Do you wash right after you chop or do let it dry some then wash?

3 Likes

Chop → wet trim → wash → hang until no longer dripping → dry as per your usual (so long as there is moving air)

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

Interesting. I chop, wash, drip dry, dry and then dry trim.

To each their own. I like to know how people do things so thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

I prefer the getting as much over with in one shot but I also see where you are coming from :smiley:

Last grow were “gorilla fists”, so if I didn’t wet trim it was hard to see what what.

5 Likes