Welcome To the Swamp

Thanks man! It’s all pulled out by that one carbon filter to that wall, but another wall exhausts the hot air from the lights as well. And under the light exhaust is a hole and ducting for some air to come in or out while balancing the pressure.

The tent is really gonna fill up once flower starts, that’s for sure… but I do have a whole other 4x4 tent not set up yet if I really needed the extra space… which I’m worried I may. So I found 6 more of the 10gal plastic pots to put some females in… but the rest of them will be flowered in 7gal fabrics. Oh well, was hoping for more 10gal fabrics to bump the yield but I will be able to fit more ladies in there in the 7s, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

wow, I’d be afraid of using 15 gal. pots indoors, they will become huge! I stick with 5 gal. maximum because my ailing back can’t lift any more. I guess you can always use a hand-truck to move them around. Will look forward to your flowering pics. :+1:

3 Likes

Huge is something I’m hoping for!

Edit: they’re actually 10 gallons. But still some good root space for the girls…

5 Likes

Two more confirmed females this evening moved to 10 gallons.

A bunch are unconfirmed but it’s looking like a majority could be male.

2 Likes

I’m ready for the rest of these teens to show their sex. Some are really on the fence, can’t tell if they’re preflower females or males… just waiting for that lil white pistil to show. Getting to be a pain watering these things every other day as they’re not rootbound yet but def ready to get some bigger shoes… not to mention gave em a feed today bc they looked a lil N def but I also think it’s bc they’re ready for bigger pots.

The Lemon Lotus in the tent are certainly vigorous and once I figure out what’s female and repot 'em the Lemon Lotus will goto the big room and I’ll start taking cuts off everything and once they root I’ll put em in the tent and start flowering.

Wooohooo! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Also, I’ve been thinking about finding a good looking male out of the few Sakura I’m running to cross to Tropical Seeds’ Durban Punch. From there F2 them and pheno hunt for a good male to cross to the Thin Mints cut.

It’s a project that’ll take at least a year but I’ve been wanting to start pollen chucking again. My first attempt years back was finding a killer Flav male from TGA and crossed it to Mandala’s Satori… wish I still had beans of that bc it was killer. I called that cross Nepalese Abduction bc of the Nep in the Satori and then followed the Space theme with the Space Queen & Romulan in the Flav. Man oh man do I wish I still had beans of that. To this day haven’t had bud that smelled and tasted like it. It was a super gooey berry smell with a deep sweet kind of spice or something but mainly smelled sweet and unique.

Last time I tried my hand at pollen chucking it was a male Afwreck x Afgooey/Rez’s Sour D F1 to make F2s and also to a Platinum Kush mother. The F2s I dubbed Haterade but the F1 (Afwreck x Afgooey/SD) was originally called Chrystal Throttle by mini (Truck) off breedbay. The reason he called it Chrystal Throttle was because the Afgooey x Rex’s Sour Diesel was made by Bodhi and called Chrystal Trident. I ended up calling the Platinum cross the Sweat💦 because the pheno I found was one of those strains that made you bead up on your forehead after a big rip. I called the F2s Haterade bc I found a few phenos very different than the F1s in that they smelled like Gatorade lemon lime mix. I believe I still have a couple beans of that Sweat left (I hope). Would love to work those a few generations to F5 and bc em a couple times to the killer F2 pheno if I could find em again. Would be a fun project.

Anyone in here ever try their hand at pollen chucking? I would say breeding but people are so touchy about that word now a days.

9 Likes

Didn’t think about this but some beneficial bacteria in soil create oxygen which roots breathe.

Cool info on this page:

3 Likes

yes, just about every crop. I don’t have room to keep clones so it’s the best way to make sure I can grow a plant again if I really like it.

3 Likes

The tents I have were pretty cheap. Under $200 that’s for sure

2 Likes

I wasn’t trying to say you should buy expensive stuff, actually if i had the chance of going back in time and buying all my gear all over again, i wouldn’t probably choose the same stuff, not because i regret it but because as you go learning and seeing stuff and all, you tweak what you really want and i dunno, i gained a lot of experience in the last few months… I am thankful for that.

5 Likes

Oh no, wasn’t taken that way at all. Just was saying they seemed to be a pretty good bang for your buck.

If you’re interested I could find more info on em. I actually still have one unopened in the box that I haven’t decided what it’s best use is yet (more so what space I could make for it)

Will be taking some pictures soon… trimmed the Cherry Lime under her skirt to get her ready for flowering and all those teens that haven’t shown sex are fading yellow a bit bc I think they’re getting too big for their pots but gonna let em ride out until they show sex. Will prob give em some fish extract to give em a bit of N so they hold off even though I made a big mix of stuff I’ve been shaking in a Gatorade bottle and pouring into the 1gal watering jugs just to give em a full spectrum feeding pre flower.

Until next time folks… hope everyone is having a great Halloween weekend

Best
Swampy

3 Likes

Ok… took 2 pics, way too tired to do anything else after transplanting 3 more females into 10gallons. So that makes a total of 7 females out of that batch of 21 unmarked ones. One that was confirmed a female today was the ONE out of that group that was marked and it was a Lemon Lotus. The tent of Lemon Lotus and 2 GrandaddyPurps x Purple Affies are looking great. And the unknown females transplanted last week have already gotten their color back (very dark and healthy) and have almost doubled in size already.

Things are certainly moving along!

Banana Kush on top left, NYCD is the top middle that’s super tall, and Cherry Lime on top back right to the left of that ducting, but to the right of that and around it are the unmarked ones…

The back left corner, all of those on the left side except the Cherry Lime Haze at the very far front left in front of that ducting are the ones that were transplanted last week

8 Likes

looking great bro! wish i had that much room to play.

1 Like

It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve shown the Lemon Lotus 2 GDPxPurpAffy seedlings so here they are

And coming along quite vigorously if I do say so myself…

5 Likes

Also, checked the cloner and 2 of em are showing roots so far. Hoping the others won’t be far behind.

In the cloner, in case you forgot, are some Mendo Purps x Purple Urkle from Nspecta at CSI: Humboldt and some Afkansastan bred by MrDank.

Edit: BTW wanted to share that as I had suspected once things had started filling up the room, the RH would rise as well…and it has! Humidity is around 50% after watering but when everything starts getting thirsty it drops down to high the 30s to low 40s.

1 Like

Thanks Dewb! It certainly is fun, but filling up with the quickness… that’s for sure!

Need to make best use of space and start making sure I’m staying on top of sweeping and all that now that I’ve been transplanting and moving shit around.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the Cocotek blocks. They don’t need to be flushed before you use them. Just rehydrate and go. I think most of the reputable companies sell buffered pre rinsed coco bricks though.

1 Like

Looking good amigo!

If you do buy coco just make sure it is all the same brand and batch.

1 Like

Going with the GH Cocotek blocks.

Ran out of medium tonight when transplanting another unmarked female. Have another one that’s shown, but she’s just waiting for more medium to come in and to be mixed.

Want to start flowering ASAP but I do want to make the most use out of the 10gals so I’m gonna wait a bit. Not to mention I have a bunch of other stuff that I want to continue vegetating as well and I’m pretty sure the tent won’t be able to accommodate everything so I’ll just have to wait.

One of the Jaeger’s has an amazing stem rub smell. Deep sweet Berry. And one of the GDPxPurpleAffy seedlings just reeks of grape jelly. TBH I’m hoping they’re males to hit a few things like the extra Indiana Bubblegum, Moonshine Haze, PakChitKush, and Thin Mint GSC. Very excited to be trying my hand at pollen chucking again and will pass out a few packs to test when they’re done for whomever would be ready to pop and test right away.

Wooohooo!

This is really gonna be getting good soon!

1 Like

the gdp x purp affie would be interesting to cross with gsc i think.

1 Like