What's Rasterman Growing?

Yea. We had snow and 26 degrees yesterday. I have been scrambling to keep my plants warm. Keep your chin up brother. Spring is coming. :rainbow:

2 Likes

I chopped my Copa Fast Ham yesterday, and dried and tried today.

A microwave dry isn’t the best way to judge, obviously. But she’s definitely fire! :fire: I have the clone and will wait a couple of months to see what I’ve got.

When they said, “Outdoors only,” I scoffed. “That’s bullshit!” -because I thought they meant it was too stretchy. Too stretchy is my thing. It turns out that she wasn’t stretchy at all. But I wasn’t providing enough light for most of the grow. So it could just mean this strain needs higher-intensity light than I was giving her.

But the smoke is great. Stoney. I’ll duplicate my backup and run her again. Maybe even outside this time.

5 Likes

I’m growing other stuff too. Like yesterday after chopping three plants I have all this space!

So I threw some Alaskan Fancy tomatoes in there. I need something I can grow outside here, because tomatoes from the store aren’t worth buying anymore.

8 Likes

Day 62 for this GPS Gorilla Punch. I thought she grew too slow but her buds are dense and hard as a rock. You might swear they’re seeded, but they’re not.

I was supposed to put some bud shots here but somehow didn’t take the picture. :crazy_face::point_left::poop::poop:

7 Likes

Mega Maid, day 45. Also known as Mega Maid’s Not Deathstar.

Not a stretcher but a big yielder with fruity cereal terps.

8 Likes

So my veg room, the pump shed is so full, I can’t even up-pot anything. I’ve got another week or two before I can move anything to flower, and this summer I guess I’ll be moving a lot outside.

This is a Nam Kading landrace, crossed with some autos I got from someone here. I just went back through my messages and was unable to find it, but it’s basically a polyhybrid auto crossed with Namkading.

I have four here in a mini-scrog, waiting for them to get big enough to flip.

6 Likes

I’ve been miking trichomes every day looking for just a few ambers per frame. It’s not much, but this GPS Gorilla Punch finally complied today, day 65‼️

Very hard, tight, buds with loads of bud appeal. If you grow this strain, don’t plan for stretch. Just get her good and large before flip.

8 Likes

She’s looking mighty fine!

4 Likes

So I dug into a jar of GPS Sticky Icky from December and broke up a couple of buds. Oops - shit. Somehow these seeds became the focus.

I discovered 50 seeds of an apparently brand-new strain called Sticky Icky X Sumpin. Given that Sticky Icky is a cross of polyhybrids, and the father, uh… the father, is whatever he is, there might be something interesting in this little pile.

You know, this would have been really valuable to a certain kid in 1979 or someone in a zombie apocalypse scenario.

5 Likes

Your Sumpin has a deep lineage. Ha
Watching your Name Kading there, got my interest going through my can yesterday, pulled out the Purple Canyon.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s either Sumpin or Sumpin Else.

Funny thing - these seeds could be part Nam Kading. One of about four possibilities…

Awesome! Let me know how it goes.

4 Likes

A few days ago I put an embarrassing number of seeds on to sprout. Nine of them were Gelato Meat (that’s FNG Gelato 41 X Dino Meat but I can’t remember all that).

I got 100% germination:

These are regs and when I grew two females last summer, I got orange creamsickle in one and fruit cocktail in the other and they were both loud. A friend of mine in Colorado and someone on OG who I couldn’t find to tag, were interested in sampling the orange pheno and I’m more than happy to oblige!

I expect 4-5 females so should be able to find something decent at least. But even the males smelled like you’re peeling an orange.

Oh yeah, and the smoke for these is smooth and yummy - even my wife commented on them being tasty and that’s completely unprecedented.

11 Likes

Some of the other seeds I put on to sprout: I have some seeds labeled “Mega Maid x Mystery.” As I recall, they showed up on the plant as result of a herm, me throwing a mixture of random elite -ish pollen I got from a friend, Nam Kading landrace or even part auto. I don’t know what I have, so want to find out!

I planted 16 and potted 13 today. I got :100: germination, but the other three sprouts haven’t unfurled their leaves yet. So that’s cull #1.

Sorry for no pictures but I’ll post some next time.

So I’m calling these Mega Myst at least until I know what’s there if anything.

9 Likes

Here are the 9 “Mega Myst.” There’s a 10th in another tent, but that one might be an S1 or cross with Scorpion Candy.

9 Likes

I planted many seeds you still don’t know about. I dug into my OG vererans giveaway swag bag and decided to run three Skunk #1 reg F4s because I need skunk in my life. Thanks to @BRMTreefarmer for your generosity!

12 Likes

Mega Maid (or Mega Maid’s Not Deathstar) day 62. She’s got a scant smattering of amber and should be done in a week. But I said that last week.

I cut some lower buds that I thought represented the level of ripeness as the topmost buds, and dried a few grams in the microwave. Great buzz, really potent, not as long-lasting as I would like but great euphoria and great catalyst for tangential and pseudo-academic discussion.

This is a really nice yield with tight, thick, heavy buds.

10 Likes

Beautiful. Nice work.

2 Likes

This half Nam Kading, half polyhybrid auto of some kind, should be ready to flip in a couple of weeks but I’m hoping next weekend.

7 Likes

I chopped my second-ever Mega Maid (Carver Family Farms) today - day 66. It could have gone longer, I guess, but I’m after maximum potency. There were one or two ambers in each frame - 1% or so. For a less “up” high, I can imagine it running until day 70 to get above 10% amber.

It might not look like much, but for me it’s a pretty good yield. Buds are dense and heavy. I’m estimating 2.5 oz.

13 Likes

@Streckles …I’m pretty happy with this harvest though - it should last me a couple of months.

4 Likes