What's your day Job?

Even though they are synced, alignment isnt automatic, and can drift and needs to be checked and adjusted at times. The Anet A8 / my AM8’s are dual Z, from the mobo (no splitter, just Z1 and Z2 on the main board), and I have printed “stops” that I pop in on each side to adjust each Z motor to the other… I also added a dual Z on the 400x400 just because 400 is a LONG X axis and would slowly droop. Again, it helps but it can go “out” a little and needs a little adjustment from time to time. I’ve seen Prusa deal with it by using software endstops and running the Z axis all the way up on both sides till they BOTH hit the stopper (you’d be hearing one stepper skipping possibly?), then it descends. Just keep that in mind, they will be tethered but not necessarily bound to each other permanently, if ya follow me?

Hahaha… You know it!!!
Crappy days sometimes.

4 Likes

Yeah, constant adjustments are the way. The 3.0 board has a z2 so no splitter needed. Got it for the one with the 500mm extender kit and the dual z kit from them with the extra long lead screw for the right side as well. Same reasoning as you. At that height, prolly could use help with droop.

I started off as a wood worker, wood refinisher, went to welding school finished welded, fabricated for maybe 10 years, did a stint in a candy making factory, then to building web printing presses, did like 7-8 years of building and installing currency presses in Ft Worth, and DC.
Company got sold, and I did not want to move and the new wife, wanted me to stay home over traveling, so I did odd jobs for about 10 years, then retired and growing weed is my passion. well I’m also a tinkering fool.

9 Likes

Yes, but a LOT less than traditional cyclops, or the diamond! The diamond used 3-4x the volument of filament for the purge that it did for the actual print. I kinda like the chimera head, if dialed in right, at least two colors and no purge. There’s a 4 nozzle version as well offered by some company that I’ve seen.

Depending on what you are printing, you can also eliminate the purge block, and wipe to infill, if the print will allow it. Works sometimes, but not always

1 Like

Here’s a similar thread…

What do you do for a living?

2 Likes

I work for a steel company, I’ve been a union steelworker 31 years. I look forward to retirement in 4 more years. I’ve done every job in here, at the moment im a heavy plate burner. Anywhere from 6” to 12” thick.

6 Likes

A lot of people from Oak Park River Forest HS worked at the stock exchanges…It was like hanging out with your friends from high school, you can also get any kind of drugs on the trading floor…We had our Halloween parties at the John G Shedd Aquarium & our Christmas Parties at the Museum of Natural History…I remember doing lines with my girlfriend on a huge dinosaur bone…

8 Likes

I work in an NGO, we collect electronics that are no longer used by people or that are defective and people want to discard, we recover these electronics and a part is sold to maintain the project, another part is donated to institutions in need. I am responsible for recovering notebooks, monitors and computer motherboards

5 Likes

How many floppy disks yall recover? Serious question believe it or not.

we receive thousands of floppies monthly, but we don’t recover them, because it’s a technology that is no longer used, the floppies all go to plastic recycling.

I sell floppy disks with player piano albums on them. Also on CD and MP3 files. Some sewing machines, older industrial cnc kit, and government systems still use floppies. No longer made. Price has been slowly going up for new old stock for a few years now. Makes me a sad panda.

3 Likes

nice that there are still devices that use these floppy disks. If you need some, we can see if it is possible to send them from Brazil to you, because we really have many here. But here we no longer have a market for it, unfortunately.

1 Like

Disabled veteran, pot dealer, social media shitposter, caretaker of cats.

16 Likes

Thinking about getting in the saffron game though. Apparently the bulbs do well in 7b and also indoors

5 Likes

That skull piece is badass!

Sandblasting? That shit looks like it would be fun. I’m planning to get a cheapo gun and compressor at some point for some projects in the near future.

I started my own landscaping company last year so I didn’t have to punch a clock and so I could cater my work schedule to some health stuff I have going on. It was supposed to afford me more days off a week then on and instead went very much in the other direction :grimacing:

4 Likes

Government tech stays outdated. I remember trying to convince my dad(who’s a computer programmer in the defense industry) that he should get a smartphone. He told me “the most advanced weapons system we have uses a pentium 2” :joy:

5 Likes

We’ve considered this many times, but it is a TON of work and time, for a harvest of only a few threads of deliciousness per plant.

If you do get into it, keep us in mind.

2 Likes

I’m just reading and learning about it for now. Bit late to get the crocuses in but even if it turns out to be more work than is reasonable it’ll be cool to try once.

2 Likes

i do what nobody likes, quality assurance :smiley:
the company i work for does a lot of car parts, a lot of exclusive stuff for the whole world. My daily routine is to say no to the machine drivers and sweet talk fucked up deliveries

6 Likes