What's your day Job?

Thinking about getting in the saffron game though. Apparently the bulbs do well in 7b and also indoors

5 Likes

That skull piece is badass!

Sandblasting? That shit looks like it would be fun. I’m planning to get a cheapo gun and compressor at some point for some projects in the near future.

I started my own landscaping company last year so I didn’t have to punch a clock and so I could cater my work schedule to some health stuff I have going on. It was supposed to afford me more days off a week then on and instead went very much in the other direction :grimacing:

4 Likes

Government tech stays outdated. I remember trying to convince my dad(who’s a computer programmer in the defense industry) that he should get a smartphone. He told me “the most advanced weapons system we have uses a pentium 2” :joy:

5 Likes

We’ve considered this many times, but it is a TON of work and time, for a harvest of only a few threads of deliciousness per plant.

If you do get into it, keep us in mind.

2 Likes

I’m just reading and learning about it for now. Bit late to get the crocuses in but even if it turns out to be more work than is reasonable it’ll be cool to try once.

2 Likes

i do what nobody likes, quality assurance :smiley:
the company i work for does a lot of car parts, a lot of exclusive stuff for the whole world. My daily routine is to say no to the machine drivers and sweet talk fucked up deliveries

6 Likes

I am an executive chef for a from scratch sports bar and grill located in Glendale, AZ. It’s my dream job but man is it stressful!

8 Likes

Where can I buy a mason jar bong lid?? Mason jars gonna be around forever… Never be without a smoking apparatus

5 Likes

Its technically called grit blasting its more of like a fine metal. I did the same thing and started a landscaping company out of highschool so i know exactly what you mean lol. This job is friday-sunday 12 hour shifts and i love having 4 days off.

I use one of these :stuck_out_tongue:

Id say the most dangerous part of my job is easily using the overhead cranes. It can be a bit nerve wracking moving these big frames around 20 feet in the air with a pair of chains.

8 Likes

Got any advice on starting your own? My wife is a Massage Therapist at a rehab facility but like any other business they fuck their workers

2 Likes

I’ve heard of happy endings but that’s crazy!

10 Likes

@TestOfOath Like with many things, opening my own practice was a bit of luck, and a bit of skill.
The luck part was me mentioning to my clients that I was looking for a space to rent, and then getting 2 offers in 4 months to share space with both a chiropractor, and a naturopathic physician. Getting into an office where there is an existing healthcare practice is huge for a new bodywork business.
Skillwise, I certified as an Orthopedic Rehabilitative Massage Therapist through a nationally recognized/approved continuing education provider (The program is online, and you can buy it in pieces so it’s not as expensive). DM me if you want more info about that.
And finally, after I had been practicing via word of mouth, referrals, and Groupon (OMG fuck Groupon though), I took the plunge and hired a marketing firm to help me grow.
Again, shoot me a message, and I can tell you EXACTLY what the marketing company did for me, because much of it is easy to implement on your own once you have the idea, and I’m happy to help!

9 Likes

On Sabbatical for a year or two - normally I am regional VP for large software companies
Cant decide if I should go back to work or not - I enjoy it, but I also enjoy sitting in my lodge in Portugal getting high and walking around the mountains

8 Likes

I vote option 2. Invite OG friends . . . Need a friend?

3 Likes

I bet! Sounds like paradise! Id be staying put lol

I’m a residential/commercial painter. And a sponsored float fisherman (5-6 years now). The last 2 years I’ve barely worked (about 1/4 of normal hours or less) and really stepped up my grow and fishing game.

8 Likes

I am a creative director/photographer and high end creative retoucher.
It’s cool and deff pays the bills but my hands belong in dirt

4 Likes

Military from 17-20, wasnt old enough to buy a beer when i got out.

Worked two jobs after, 15 years roofing/siding/gutters by day and a couple taking money in a self serve gas station at night to support my hot rod fetish… and girlfriend. Motorcycle accident and couldnt walk for 9 months with a newborn at home… our first.

Couldnt kneel anymore so a career change was needed, started as a temp in a Michelin/Goodrich distribution center and eventually became the Operations Manager. Medically retired at 50 after open heart surgery… been 10 years now.

9 Likes

we sell and rent out Containers…and we also built Cont.-Structures…

…usually for Schools,Kindergarten ,sometimes for Buildingsides too…

22 Likes

When I see them containers I only see tiny homes lol I want one lol

10 Likes