Who plans on making seeds?

Oh. That kind of hard to pollinate… you might have to do the forbidden dance of fertility then.

Electrocute the to be pollinated plant for a week prior.

3 Likes

I would talk nicely to her and hope for the best , the pollen I used was super fertile and produced a good amount of healthy seeds on other plants that were barely brushed with it.

4 Likes

To each their own :slightly_smiling_face:

While it sounds like I’m a crazy person, the technique could work for mac1. In fact it works so good that zientists were able to cross plants from different families. Impossible right haha

1 Like

What do you mean by “Electrocute”? Actually that?

2 Likes

Got this stout indica dominit Gorilla Nut bx2 ((gg4 x pbb)x pbb) x pbb from FCSC im crossing over my keeper phenos of

Killer Glue
Pure Michigan F2
HSO Gorilla Breath
edbe8ff65f07f72fcbc8df157263784c3ccd941a_2_375x500 e94055655583f6f50bacccbee18cdd34ce64e082_2_344x500

17 Likes

Got a Sour Diesel BX female, two Headbanger F2 females, and a lemony Amnesia Haze female that I plan to hit with two stud male Headbanger F2s I selected. Want beans that are gonna keep me in sour gas for the future. Will grow the progeny and keep selecting. I like these because they’re super tasty, good and strong and allow me to be creative.

Also got some Chem D BX/Purps females from Chimera and another pack to pop to keep me in those for a while as well. This particular outcross from the Chem D BX with the Purps is better than just the Chem D BX. Way more flavourful and tasty and potent high than just the Chem D BX. These I like because they fill the taste, potency and late night relax and sleep requirements I have.

Also got various packs of Snowhigh’s gear which I’m keen to run, select from and make seeds with. Never run any of his gear before so lots of anticipando on those!

2 Likes

at least she wasn’t a hermie…

@Bobgrows

Definitely play her some beautiful music.

There are a few STS schedules online, but I think it’s best to start spraying at least a week before placing her into 12/12.
Then continue your schedule and wait for sacs to form. But many people say to continue spraying the STS on schedule up untill the sacs are just about ready to open.

You can also try using a stronger concentrate of STS.
When I was looking for information I found a member here from awhile ago was having trouble with a reversal, but he ended up making a 1:7 solution, and had substantially better results.

I’ll try to find the thread for his schedule.

And you can always send me one to try reversing too…:no_mouth:
Haha

Edit: I found some notes from Vernal on his work with STS. It also might be helpful to read his
“STS notes” post here:

2 Likes

I plan on making some Nepal Jam X with some chunky indicas for my early outdoor climate.

2 Likes

So far my only plans are repro projects, but I did start sticking cuts from other females in with whatever I was repro-ing. At some point I think I’ll explore those seeds, maybe find a nice male if I’m lucky.

2 Likes

I have 5-6 Blackberry Spacewreck seeds from a while ago. Hoping they will germ so i can f2 them. Will share w OG if i’m successful. Snowhigh said they had low-germ rate so wish me luck.

5 Likes

My first try and making some seeds. :four_leaf_clover: Sprinkled some purple guava pollen on three ladies. Barbara bud, OG kush and Cheese today. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Nice!
Black Domina is one ive been keeping an eye on. Would love to see what I can come up with! :dash: :skunk:

I read one was crossed with GrandaddyPurp to make Blackout Purps.

2 Likes

you know, i got to thinking about making seeds like i had planned. from what i understand, when you get to the f2 you have to get a lot of selection and breed for the traits you want to keep, then do the same all the way until f6 to stabilize it. that sounds like a lot of work, takes up a lot of space, and takes a long time. first off i could be wrong about the process. but here’s the part where i was thinking. would it be better to just get a female from one of the f1 seeds and take two clones and put them in a tent and reverse one to make seeds? the drawback i can see is the inbreeding messing up the line (don’t feel like looking up the details now) but for a few generations i’d think it would be fine. one could always get some pollen and introduce some variations if needed. anyways, just high thoughts…

1 Like

You could also reverse a small portion of one plant, and pollenate both cuts.

When it comes to lineworking, sure, you could definitely do that if you’re looking to lock down a trait. The F2 generation will have the most variety, like you said.

I’m a lazy POS, and don’t mind variety, so I probably wouldn’t plan on taking anything between F4.

2 Likes

your a smart man lol

2 Likes

F1s are nice too :+1:

2 Likes

GG4 S1 getting dusted by
(Orange grove x GG4 RIL)

16 Likes

i had planned on taking the best looking male and a cut off of a female and make seeds. i think that’s what i’m going to stick to, a little variety never hurt anything, and it can’t be that much different - it’s still weed. i guess i’ll just have a whole bunch of f2 seeds.

4 Likes

That’s not a dusting, that’s a full on bukkake :joy:

3 Likes