World Of Seeds - Pure Origin Collection - Afghan Kush

Hi everyone, and hi @Upstate and anyone who would like to leave a comment is appreciated. Male or female? that is the question… Thanks.

a different plant…

You gotta love OG!

@Abbbian I know I said free chat is welcome in here but if we could try to keep it at least around the afghan kush topic since this is a journal for this grow, it would be appreciated. Feel free to post the pictures in my main thread if you don’t have anywhere else to ask you can locate it by clicking on my name and selecting the hyperlink, for the best advice I suggest starting a grow journal and documenting your grow there and asking for help and many of us will be more than happy to help out. Great way to learn and show off all your grows of your new seeds.

7 Likes

Hey @Chronickyle, apologies for overdoing it, got carried away. won’t happen again. Thank you anyhow. Didn’t mean to either hog or clog your thread. Point taken. Thanks.

3 Likes

No worries man all good. Sorry if I came off rude, I did not mean it that way.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there is a sexing plants thread…male or female? Might be the name…

3 Likes

Get a better up close picture of the plants.

1 Like

Afghan kush #1

Best growth of all of them, greap shape, huge leafs
Highly suspected male

Afghan kush #2
Smallest of all plants, quite a bit of curl to some leads more curl than just being over fed, which tbey slightly are, it’s more sensitive to the feed than most of the others, biggest leafs of all plants. Bigger than my hands and I’m not a small person.
Sex unknown

Afghan kush number 3
Great looking plant, wide canopy, nutrient sensitive, wider than it is tall, very responsive to lst,
Deffinetly female

Afghan kush #4
Second smallest plant, my least favorite plant, it’s doing this weird thing though and growing small leafs from some of its leafs. If anyone knows more about this fill me in
Highly suspected male

Afghan kush #5
The biggest of them all, vigorous, lots of branching
Highly suspected male

Afghan kush #6
Just a happy plant, hasn’t given me any issues. Medium growth.
Highly suspected male

Afghan kush #7

Thick canopy, very dense branching, very big leafs

Deffinetly female.

After going through all this I realize I need to cut back on the nutes a bit on most of them. I think there doing great overall though. Hopefully we get some more females in the lot, but at least we have two, 3 and 7, fortunately they are both on the large size, of the two I prefer #3 due to the way its canopy has grown and how it responded to lst. But 7 does have larger leafs.

25 Likes

Wow those are looking great. I love big leaf Indica and I love the body high even more, hope they kick ass.

That weird leaf thing is just genetic… it’s perfectly normal and nothing you did to cause it.

Which of the two females has the best smell, that’d be my favorite. :wink:

3 Likes

Number #3 still has the best smell of the lot. I need to take a cutting of that actually in the next day or so. I’m gonna put it outdoors as well this summer.

2 Likes

Afghan plants have been inbred for many many years, and that has led to some weird mutations. It’s one of the oldest Gene pools on Earth. Everything is looking great! If you can get some close-ups we can get those sexed for you, but I suppose for a seed run it doesn’t matter much.

5 Likes

Time will let us know. I’m in no rush to find out the sex this is great practice anyways.

3 Likes

That’s a mutation I’ve seen a lot in Afghan lines. :+1: Don’t worry about it, it doesn’t seem to affect the plants in any way.

8 Likes

Sex is still unknown on number 2. But aside from that one. We have 2 females and the rest are male.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hey @Abbbian, @G-paS found the thread for you incase you have any more I’d questions.

2 Likes

Hi @Chronickyle and @G-paS, thank you both, but @Upstate had already found and sent me the link which I’ve used. It’s all good! Appreciate your help and once again, my apologies and lesson learned! It shows once again how nice this site is, and how friendly and helpful people are here! OG rocks!

4 Likes

Number 2 is a girl!!!

10 Likes

1 boy
2 girl
3 girl
4 boy
5 boy
6 boy
7 girl

22 Likes

I guess I did now how to sex before flip hahaha. :slight_smile: