Worst hyped strains you have grown

And OG kush originally came from DPG LBC and is actually O.G. Kush this is fact

I chock it up to California hype then again you can buy the empty bags on eBay so maybe I got a knock off

Cookies is pretty good in all honesty. You may have got a knock off or some old product. I see people posting alot of what looks like year or two old nugs coming out of high priced pretty packages.

2 Likes

I somewhat have a special place in my heart for some of these shitty strains and breeders. Their gear was super cheap and at a time when I was still trying to figure out how to grow and didnt know better with genetics, they had their place. First up has to be Nirvana. The nugs were OK, some structure, but almost flavorless. I grew out their raspberry couch, and blue dream. Next is HSO, I tried their Black d.o.g because so many people liked it and I found it to be straight trash. A runt of a plant at best and the flavor was shit. Also ran quite a bit of seedsman gear; and weā€™re not going to get started on the money I wasted on them. I learned a lot through these guys and their genetics, but honestly looking back I got sucked into the money grab.

6 Likes

How would it match up compared to some of the stuff we have floating around here? Terpenes/ trichomes/ etcā€¦

Iā€™m not to familiar with herb in you neck of the woods , your in texas correct ? Iā€™m in the central California foothills. I havent tried to many of there strains but the original cookies and the gelato are both dank. The sherbert tastes amazing but is not to potent but my tolerance is high. I have a runtz plant going atm but havent tried it yet I was just gifted it and asked to hold on to it. Iā€™m trying to focus my attention on less common older lines honestly but the cookies and runtz clone somehow found there way to me lol

7 Likes

I meant the strains that are floating around here on OG. Lolā€¦ ex: seed runs strains and what others are growingā€¦ nice I didnā€™t think they even had clones available outside of the cookies farmsā€¦ Seems like they keep their shit locked away to help with the hype train.

There are definetly alot of equal to or greater then genetics floating around here, I see alot of fire looking nugs around these parts. The cookies strains are defiently kept held tighter then others but they make there way threw certain circles. I know the sunset sherbert is available , sherbinksi even lists what clubs he makes clone drops at. I dont think there concerned with smaller growers getting there strains at this point. Im guessing If a huge operation started pumping out tons of there gear that would be a different story.

4 Likes

Anybody holding a Forum Cut(ting)? I realize it wouldnā€™t be the same but thatā€™s a candidate for pheno hunt and preservation if ever there was one.

3 Likes

as you asked Iā€™m offering this

12 Likes

Just had the same with 6 crit kush, Iā€™m not a pro but I can grow, 5 duds and 1 seedling that grew 2+ inches from show in 3 days, skinny as a skinny daisy then just shrivelled and died, and all done properly. Gutted t.b.h

2 Likes

Very disapoint with dutch passion in particular durban poison a indica with no smell on all pheno ?! And his 'passion fruit" zĆ©ro fruit just taste nothingā€¦i dont like the hype for purple punch little taste tooā€¦

3 Likes

There durbin is the one most people have and use and itā€™s not pure, itā€™s mixed with a Afghan to reduce flowering times.

7 Likes

I grew 3 purple punches. Each one very different. None of them very appealing to me. Could be my skills though

4 Likes

I hear that a lot about purple punchā€¦ bag appeal not much else however I wanna try Slurricane

5 Likes

Worst ever was ā€œthe blackā€ from bc bud depotā€¦ā€œthe purpā€ of theirs was garbage too. All the plants were consistent, but also consistently shotty.

12 Likes

bc bud depot are known frauds. sure, they send you what you order, but anything from them is all but guaranteed to be trash

7 Likes

It sucks too, because I bought the seeds at their booth at the cannabis cup in 2011ā€¦theyā€™re over there representing Canada, pushing bullshit. They say they won xx year cannabis cupā€¦I believe they bought their 1st placeā€¦not to say that Greenhouse Seeds did, but GHS gives lots of cash to promote the festivalā€¦but GHS also has pretty good shit (grew their ssh and othersā€¦was awesome!!!).

4 Likes

The various Cannabis cups are about as legitimate as professional wrestling. That being said, still plenty of good weed in Europe either way.

It speaks volumes to the seed industry that BC bud depot has been known as scammers for years (2 decades at this point?) and are, somehow, inexplicably, still around. Dr. Greenthumb seeds is still around, too.

9 Likes

Now thats a fine piece of work you advertise for