Zephyr grows and creates

Nice thread zephyr. I love your projects. I will definitely be popping in. 6oure gonna help teach me for some stuff I can work on in the future. Awesome!!

7 Likes

Thanks a ton badger, that means a lot. I’m always glad to hear it if people find my journals useful.

hey, look what I just found:

“never underestimate a badger”

11 Likes

guava indoor update-

The f2 females are looking great, forming dense primary colas and plenty of branches with nice tops. I can already tell they are making a ton of seeds. Here are pictures of the tops of each f2 female.

The f1 female is preflowering, and seeds should show up very soon. Here are some pictures of the f1 love fest.

everything

23 Likes

I came in here knowing some and doing a ton of reading. Research is valuable, but real world trials. Is where the real value lies, IMHO.

Nobody has even tried to make me feel stupid, though I’m sure I’ve asked some dumb questions, thanks for that.

That is awesome. I didn’t even know about that stuff until I met my old buddy with a stache that needed it. He was a cool guy. He was also around when I earned my name. Tha KS man, y’all are cracking me up today. That got more than a giggle out of me.

8 Likes

That’s an interesting range of phenos. The first of them looks quite sativa dominant. Would that, then, be guava dominant? I’ve had so many hashplant crosses, but never hashplant by itself, so I am not sure what it imparts. What will pheno #1 smoke like compared to the pheno you mentioned in another topic that is good for musculoskeletal pain? If you had to hazard a guess. It looks like there might be some interesting experiences in there.

5 Likes

There is definitely some good diversity to be found. So far the medicinal effect is pretty consistent across all phenos. I can’t tell you how much this stuff helps with muscle and joint injuries, not just for pain relief, but for actual healing and improvement of function.
They all seem to offer some relief from migraines as well.

The highs are definitely different from pheno to pheno. I think it’s pretty cool that the medical effects are consistent, yet the highs have plenty of variety.

The clone f1 female (at the front left of the tent) has a slightly more sedative effect than the pheno I described in the bodhi thread.

That #1 pheno you are asking about is the plant at the front right hand corner, so you can see a bit more of its structure in these shots:

This structure pretty much looks hybrid to me, but you can definitely see the sativa influence, as well as some indica traits.

Based on the narrow sugar leaves and broad fans, as well as the purple tips, I would expect this to be quite similar to the pheno I described in the bodhi thread. That pheno also had purple tips, narrow guard leaves, and broad fan leaves.
And for reference, here is a photo of the pheno I described in the bodhi thread.

(covered in dropped flowers from the males that pollinated it)

22 Likes

You should’ve been a salesman Zep.
These will advance right up there, expect a few next round.
Thank you for the opportunity

7 Likes

Right? He had me on the hook at the different high, same medical effects part :wink:

5 Likes

really nice looking plants! and thanks for the smoke report, something many people leave off it seems

7 Likes

Great thread and lots of useful info to increase the grow knowledge…i am using part of my 242 plant license to grow and donate to 8 local medical users.From what you have said about the guava hashplant of Bohdi’s its one i will look at purchasing to add into their medicine.thanks again for all the great info and i will be tagging along.

8 Likes

A great indoor and outdoor report, thanks for sharing!

8 Likes

thanks monkey man! I try to be thorough.

5 Likes

Thanks Canuck! that’s awesome that you are working to help out local patients! I’m a small scale grower, but I try to do the same thing whenever I get the chance. I’ve definitely given away a few turkey bags of bud this year haha.

6 Likes

thanks tejas! it was cool to get the opportunity to compare the growth patterns of the same cut indoors and out.

4 Likes

guava b outdoor hash
bright yellow with a very sweet smell… kind of like agave syrup. very mild sweet flavor. very smooth.
This plant produced a pretty good yield of concentrate.
Here are a few photos I took as I scraped up the batch.

After I put it all into the jar it crystalized and melded together a few hours later. very cool.

the batches that come out as shatter like this tend to be very good.

18 Likes

I just harvested 2 lebanese females from my outdoor grow. These are the last 2 seeds from the original real seed co lebanese stock I purchased in 2014, which were gathered at the source in lebanon. These are open pollinated by males from my 2017 reproduction of the same stock.

I got a purple pheno and a green pheno. These are both a little frostier than what I usually find from these lebs. I attribute that to both luck of the draw, and the later than usual harvest. they love the cold weather.

The green pheno is a new combination of the same smells I have found in the other green phenos. This one has a cucumber, brown beer, and cheese smell.

The purple pheno has a different smell than what I usually find in the purple phenos. So far the purple phenos have all had a red berry / cranberry smell with other notes varying from plant to plant.
This one is straight up mango. Here are some photos of the purple pheno.

I’m excited to see what these two new females will contribute to my lebanese preservation gene pool.

22 Likes

Beautiful job on your Lebanese! I do hope that this is a welcome addition to your thread and isn’t an unwanted intrusion/derailment. Will happily edit if it is:)

We grew a cut from seeds germinated last year of the rsc lebanese f2’s this year too. I believe they were f2ed from the same field collected batch as yours.

The seed plant was very early finishing and a little over done under natural photoperiod by the end of August. That’s why we kept it really…had hoped to make some early finishing chucks over the winter but that didn’t happen. Maybe this winter.

Having never grown a landrace Leb before it was a little odd looking. Which I guess shouldn’t have surprised me…we grew out a handful of Peshawar seeds years back and found many phenotypic expressions. There was one plant that looked really nice with full, thick flowers and a nice structure…almost all others were weedy…very wild and uncultivated looking with random chaotic structure.

I’ve only popped two of the rsc lebs so am not very familiar with them. Did you find much variation amongst the seeds you’ve grown aside from the different colored phenos and accompanying smells? Or fairly consistent in regards to growth, structure and finish time? Sorry for asking if you’ve already addressed that…I read a lot and don’t always retain much of it:)

As you can see, our leb has a loose, running flower structure with a nose I can’t rightly describe. Not fruity, pine or fuel. Maybe similar to your green pheno…I can identify a cucumberish smell…maybe even a hint of #2 pencil eraser.

Keep up the beautiful work!

12 Likes

I do hope that this is a welcome addition to your thread and isn’t an unwanted intrusion/derailment.

definitely! that lebanese plant looks great, and it’s interesting to see that this real seed co f2 resembles some of the phenotypes I have grown.

We grew a cut from seeds germinated last year of the rsc lebanese f2’s this year too. I believe they were f2ed from the same field collected batch as yours.

I’ve actually been asking around trying to get info on the quality and germ rates of the real seed co f2’s. The germ rates of the stock gathered on site were pretty low, roughly 2 out of 5.

I’m curious if the germ rates are better on their reproduction stock. I have good germ rates from my preservation seeds.

Did you find much variation amongst the seeds you’ve grown aside from the different colored phenos and accompanying smells? Or fairly consistent in regards to growth, structure and finish time?

I’d say there are landrace levels of diversity in pretty much every regard, but a lot of traits are consistent across all phenos. They all finish pretty quick, but not necessarily that early. In terms of structure and growth, I have definitely seen some phenos that grow faster than others, and they vary greatly in density and number of bud sites.

maybe even a hint of #2 pencil eraser.

I definitely get some that smell like cedar (a common wood for pencils), and some that have hints of rubber so I definitely know what you are talking about. There are even some with hints of something like wood glue or elmers glue. I have grown a lot of these. The smells are pretty much the most consistent thing in the line. All phenos are complex and subtle blends and variations of the same set of smells.

edit-
@almostdone and here are a few more photos of the other lebanese females I grew this year, these are my 2017 preservation.

6 Likes

I had a super low germ rate on mine as well. Would probably have been 2017 stock.

4 Likes

that’s really good to know. Those were definitely the f2 reproductions from real seed co then.

Given that the germ rates on the rsc reproductions are as low as the originals,
I’m going to go ahead and distribute some of my 2020 lebanese preservation through the overgrow seed run co-op.

If the germ rates are still low on the new stock from real seed co, then I will share these to help give people a better shot at growing and preserving the lebanese.

This is a really good strain for medical cannabis patients. very easy to grow, very hardy, and usable for juicing, smoking, and concentrates.

10 Likes