First grow need some confirmation

Welcome man, one advice I can give you is to start in solo cups and go from there, better for the roots … beer3|nullxnull

38479d808be712ac3e8260ea296051ae7ae32d70_2_460x500

11 Likes

Looking good so far…

3 Likes

How big of a tent?

3 Likes

Eventually you’ll upgrade lights, and fans…nature of the beast

3 Likes

Its only a 2x2 its all i had the space for right now

4 Likes

I’d love to keep an eye out on your progress!!

2x2 is all you need for your first plant!

I would TOTALLY switch to the Mars Hydro 100. Beats the crap out of the vivosun 100

2 Likes

If i upgrade to a 500 can i dim it enough for one plant ask8ng bc im eventually gonna hop into a 5x5

4 Likes

Ignore the 500watt question wont fit in a 2x2 i dont think lol i wasnt thinking

2 Likes

I am editing as my response you covered. Good questions though for sure. And planning for the future is always best when spending money on your grows equipment.

2 Likes

I have a question so i ph my water and nutes but do i need to ph my soil if so how can i do it without another 130$ device and how would i compansate feeding ph to bring soil to ph

2 Likes

I haven’t ever checked my soil ph. Infact since I changed over to Gaia green I don’t even ph my water. It comes out of the tap at like 7.2 I usually fill my jugs right after I water and allow the chlorine to gas off till my next watering

2 Likes

Awsome is it ok to leave my nutrients in a 1 gallon water jug till its gone or should i be using it right away

2 Likes

What nutrients are you using?

4 Likes

Lotus nutrients

3 Likes

I can’t answer that with any authority.

You’ll need a more experienced grower to chime in. But I will say that most nutrient mixes are stable enough to sit for a week or so. Check ph before you pour it on your plants and if it hasn’t swung wide from where it was I would assume it should be ok. But this is all speculation.

2 Likes

Im gonna dump it just to make sure shes getting good food any idea on a good par meter

2 Likes

I don’t have one. I follow a couple journals that use that stuff. Coffin_dodger and supersecretjim both have that stuff locked down in theirs.

Check them out they’re both super cool.

3 Likes

Thanks for dragging me into this topic @Gadarien , lol. I do appreciate it, but there are so many others out there really killing it. Im small-time :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to OG @Jayrock93

Ive only been growing just over a year, but love new people getting into this stuff. Ive said it before, and sayin it again… “There’s never been a better time to start growing weed” . Legalies aside, automation coupled with wifi control makes it fairly easy to be successful.

Here’s a link to my 2x2.5 grow. You might be interested in that one since its same as what youre using now. I just stuck a 300 watt 3x3 lamp in it. Its hard mounted and controlled only by Light Level 1-10 and plant height. Fun and challenging!

Im using the Octopot system in both of my tents - 2x2 & 2x4. It produces big plants fairly easily, with a bit of help from us growers. Eliminates over or under-watering. Really slick. Truly the “easy button”.

I love the AC Infinity Controller 69 and many associated accessories - fans, exhaust, etc. All controllable while Im away at work. Its a good feeling to be able to change shit on the fly.

Using Athena Blended nutrients based on what my buddy uses- he got me started growing April of 23.

Look forward to seeing your grow!

As for the par meter, I got this Uni-t from amazon. Fairly accurate and cost-effective :100:

and coupled it with PPFD app. I paid for it to get rid of ads…

Works great! Just make sure you get the Bluetooth version. It easily connects to the app and converts to ppfd. You can also create par maps…

Thats a map I created with my HLG350R in my 2x4 tent.

By the way, Ive never grown anything prior to starting growing weed in 2023 at 55 years old. Not even a house plant.
You can do this. All the tools are out there to be successful. Seasoned growers use their skills built over the years… Obviously that comes with time.
I like numbers. Anything I can track and repeat. Thats how Ive been semi-successful with my grows. Attention to detail, and know what numbers youre trying to reach… RH, VPD, temp,etc.
Arm yourself with reliable information and numbers.

Hope any of what Ive said helps you out, even a bit.

Also, get a better lamp when youre able. 100 watts is decent, but to fully realize what a 2x2 is capable of producing, you will need more lamp. Not necessarily 300 watts like my 2x2, but something with more umph.

11 Likes

Make living soil. Get worms!! They are living soil stabilizers and create free nutes!!! You’ll never buy nutes again.

Edit:
Okay that’s not %100 true, I still use a liquid home made fertilizer (jadam method) but it’s permanently stable if done correctly. I still dilute mine 50/50 with water during veg and add a fish based nute (jadam method) during flower.

2 Likes

The hlg lights are good? They should be for the price lol

4 Likes