Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

Day 22/13

Would of done my normal saturday morn update but been busy, as for the plants doing well now, ive been noticing the plants have been stressed out and drooping later in the day and taking a look over them they were pointing to light toxicity again, anyways turned them down and spent time yesterday re-going over popular knowledge of recommended light levels, taking measurements at various distances and power levels in my environment, and equating that out to my longer 18/6 days due to autos and how that all relates.

Anyways needless to say math wise and measurement wise looks like ive been stressing them from too much light, also the last couple of days where they have been running at reduce light levels go figure they have been looking happer. So we will see back down to the wattages i coincidentally previous roughly calculated as in 20-25w/sqft for my application and light to plant distance.

Also was looking at roots the other day just to see whats up but took these shots to share were at 3weeks in.

First one is one of the smaller square pots doing well.

This was one of the bigger pots, but it was wetter than i would of liked at where it was before its next watering.

This is another bigger pot showing this one was doing better and was less wet, but still dialed it back a little to adjust for the wetter ones

And one of the reasons why i was busy… Well ended up making a third chamber that will be used as an overflow/starting/pollen/ or efficiency chamber, ended up using scrap wood from some shelves i just ripped out of our bathroom closet as im in the tail end of renovating all that, started later wednesday night cause of some unintended motivation from @ReikoX and ill say im now more or less done, just have to make a simple carbon filter and then decide on what im doing as far as reservoirs goes which my normal ikea kuggis containers do fit, but you cant remove it if say it has water in it cause it needs to be tilted to get into the space so may still use one or look for another option in the meantime.

22 Likes

Oh @Grease_Monkey those are 4 more of your Purple kushes, that will be having there day 0 starting tomorrow, they just popped out of the soil a couple hrs ago, these ones definitely should be a better start, will not being blasted by as much light.

6 Likes

Nice roots!!! :slight_smile:

look super

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

Sweet! I’m looking forward to it!

2 Likes

So have a question for you all, seeings how the year is coming up in a hurry, which typically means a new thread. The question though is do you think or would like to see threads be broken into runs or cycles, or stick with the long format journal.

Disadvantages to changing is it wont allow me to jump all over the place with genetics or at least per cycle, but would also force objectives which is a good thing for me at times.

Just a thought anyways.

3 Likes

I for one love your current format as you can always go back through to find info as I have on many occasions. Using the long format you can always split the thread into smaller more specific threads like runs, cycles ect a good example of which is 7’s workshop of weed where he splits his thread from the first post and edits in links to smaller threads with links.

Ultimately your call, you need not change anything IMO I will follow along and read no matter how you format! Looking forward to whatever you choose! Also love the expansion, can’t wait to see what magic unfolds there!!

7 Likes

I prefer the longer format myself. :+1::seedling:

8 Likes

I like the longer, yearly format myself.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

The longer format is great… my suggestion is - don’t change a thing! :sunglasses: :+1:
(I’ve been thinking about switching over myself)

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I like the longer ones aswell. It would be difficult keeping up with one for every individual run lol

2 Likes

especially if i happen to kill them off every three weeks lol

@TerpSneeze Linking like & did there may be the route i go just need to put more effort into it but would streamline things even for myself when back referencing.

7 Likes

Think were at the start of that time again… That being stretch time, im expecting some flops in the next bit forsure.

yesterday on the left, 23hrs later on the right.

16 Likes

Ooh coming right along!
What’s that tall one in the back left? She looks like she’s got a super thick stem going on… Like the structure on her too.

1 Like

All of them are the Poisoned Rose Cookie Devils, that back left does have a thick stem and seems like it will be an earlier finisher and stretchiest of the bunch so far, bulk wise the back right has already surpass it just hasn’t stretched or started budding as much yet.

5 Likes

Here’s the cookie devil (left) and poisoned rose cookie devil (right) I have going. The PRCD definitely shot up overnight. Was behind the whole time until flowering then grew to 4 times the size of the cookie devil.

11 Likes

Yeah the Poisoned Rose from @ReikoX that i used had that take of ability and what had impressed me with it, the cookie devils were always a compact and quick finisher for me, so it makes sense that what were seeing with the stretchier taller ones expressing on the PR side, the short stocky ones being CD expressions, and the light colored ones obviously the Dark Spark traits are powering through.

Though that just my assumption at the moment till i personally grow out so more, and see more of what other peoples plants are doing.

Thanks for the pics @YoungDad420 always interesting to see what they do under other people’s care.

11 Likes

Day 25/16/2

The left side i turned up the light for all of yesterday just to see if it was an early veg start of flower thing and they were fine all yesterday but this morning looks like signs of light stress again, so they got turned down to 75w again, also did some bottom plant cleanup and the back left top got a flop yesterday which its already pointing up again, i expect to be doing the rest over the next bit just to even out the plants so the side branches can catch up.

Right side is well you can see, lemon pies are growing the back one has some pollen sacs forming so i’m just gonna leave it till i get pollen off of it will probably get bumped to that third chamber as it gets closer in a week or two. The other is slow going compared to the left chamber but mind you the pot size is 1/2 to 1/3 the size so probably expecting too much.

As for the 16 day old Purple Kushes yeah they had a really rough start, only one of them looks alright but considering there age they are definitely lagging, i’ll be holding onto them though till the little ones surpass them or i want the space, also did some bottom clean up on all the plants on that side as well.

Other than that also started some Dark Spark Fuzz seeds to multiplant in some 5.5" square pots that ill be throwing into the new chamber, just plan to hand water for now till i decide what i want to do watering setup wise, as I’m on the fence as to pick up another ikea kuggis box like my others just cause I’ll have a harder time putting in and removing especially with any leftover water in it, also takes away some height and i wouldn’t mind trying some taller pots for now, so may do a smaller side setup or something.

16 Likes

This purple kush i tried, and gave to a buddy seemed to lag behind aswell. I assumed my neglect and his skill level were the reason. But 8f you can’t get em growing the rest may just be bird seed lol

6 Likes

well wont know till they grow out, also something to be said about certain autos and tap root depth as some variety’s which from my own experience are typically close crossings to lowryders as soon as they hit bottom they just stop and hold up and go into flower, all them do that to a certain extent but some are alot more drastic than others and with my small containers come day 2 they have usually hit bottom, so only time will tell.

12 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle, Those are stretching faaast! What signs do you see when your plants are first light stressed? Are you referring to fading over time or the leaves curling? If you have a photo of them under stress it would be nice to see :slight_smile: I also had light stress issues in my last grow and am wanting to fill my head with as many light stress photos as possible so I can catch it early in future.

3 Likes