Ifish Introduces

Thankyou for dropping by and saying hello @Olbrannon : )

1 Like

Yes @Olbrannon , I love my indicas , helps me switch off : )

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @ifish!

1 Like

Happy to meet you @ChronicMcBudz : )

1 Like

Hey welcome to OG :v:

3 Likes

Fun times ahead , thankyou @Mongobongo : )

1 Like

@ifish Its great to have you onboard! :slight_smile::+1:

Thanks for the Pmā€¦ We will chat soon!! :wave::grinning:

Have a great day, and a much better evening!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome @CLOSETGROWTH : )

1 Like

Pusing N, I assume, is maxing out nitrogen. Growing leaf?

1 Like

Pushing n regarding the npk ratio , means n is the highest number by 2 or three times ie 2/1/1 or 3/1/1 for example ( on bottle of nutes in use )
N= Leafs and stem , so a higher n in the ratio is good for vegetive growth and up to the second week in flower = springtime kind off : )
He wasnā€™t talking ppm or ec but the actual ratio of the nutrient in use
If this formula ( npk ratio higher n ) is given in flower then instead of all power going to budding some of the power is shared now with growing leafs and filling them with n
: )

3 Likes

Thanks! I tried to switch over to bloom nutes when the day shortened rather than when the plants started bloom. Took me a couple waterings to realize I got it wrong. Nothing died.

Cool Colin Hay vid! Just heard Greg Ham died. Hay is the Man! Still at Work.

1 Like

We want max power / full momentum to the task in hand : )

2 Likes

What are your npk ratios on your veg and bloom nutes ?

4 0 2 then 2 8 4. - havenā€™t fed for a couple of weeks though. Lots of milky trichcomes. Started cutting them down in chunks as rot and PLM pops up. Harvested most of GSCxOaxacan yesterday (she was ready) and will pull big bud branches off Jillybean today (also ready.)

The rest I will leave up to study and taste as it ages. Imagining high CBN might medicate for insomnia.
Plan to make bonsais before November.

This was my first grow.

3 Likes

Your bloom npk ratio is fine but your veg nutes have no p what so ever
P = roots in veg formula

If I reduce the numbers in your ratio to be easier read they are
4/0/2 = 2/0/1 for veg nutes
2/8/4 = 1/4/2 for bloom nutes

4 Likes

I broke alot of rules and made a lot of mistakes. Must have gotten lucky with genetics.
Learned a boatload. If my skin lets me keep growing (allergies kicked up some nasty stuff) I will look into supplemental phosphorus.

1 Like

I assumed the non-reduced numbers had something to do with PPM.

1 Like

20/20/20 is the same ratio ( n relating to p and p relating to k kind of ) as 10/10/10 or 3/3/3 etc
If a bottle says 3/3/3 , in a gallon of water say we put in 1ml to reach a certain ppm
Using the 1/1/1 bottle in a gallon of water to reach the same ppm we put in 3ml
If both bottles are the same price , the 3/3/3 bottle is better value for money as it is 3 times more concentrated
Itā€™s hard for me to put things in words but I try my best
If at all there is anything abit foggy , just reask , I donā€™t mind , and Iā€™ll word it differently : )

2 Likes

@AllOra donā€™t forget itā€™s important to look up proper drying and curing teqnics as this will bring out the potency and falvor of your newly chopped buds : )

Hereā€™s some other info to ponder over

Springtime = stems and leafs and loading up leafs with n etc , higher n in ratio ( 2/1/1 or similar )
Summertime = bud density and budding , higher p and k ( 1/2/2 , 1/3/3 or similar , 1/3/2 or similar is fine too , personal preference and availability comes into play here )
Fall = ripening of buds higher k in ratio ( 1/1/3 or similar , this may be slightly harder to find in organics )

Max power / full momentum for task in hand

If you live in the us @jetdro will keep you right on which nutrient that works well and he certainly knows his stuff on npk ratios too : )

Hope this helps : )

4 Likes

Iā€™m using @GreenleafNutrients Megacrop atm Itā€™s emphasis seems to be the roots. Good strategy it seems from some of the threads here. They are also providing some additives for flowering and as an enhancer but this product is meant to be good enough to run alone from seed to harvest.

My understanding is that it is the 3rd formulation currently so the package pictured ratio of 9/6/17 is to be taken with a grain of salt.

There is another thread on it here

2 Likes