In search of a keeper Durban from different parts of the country

That is a really cool story about how this came to be. I’m totally honored to be growing these out. I hope we find something super nice in there. Thanks @lefthandseeds for all you do for this community.

8 Likes

I TOTALLY agree! Awesome story and I’ll be AVIDLY watching the progress!

6 Likes

Wanted to add my part of this grow. I appreciate @badger letting me join.

I dropped 6 each of the Triple Durban courtesy of @Lefthandseeds and 6 Kullu x Durban by @upstate into jiffy starter pods that were soaked in ph’d water with kelp. I have had some good success with this method.

Placed them in their dome and into the 3 x 3 tent with a 240-watt led at 36”. Hopefully, by Thursday or Friday most are up. The ambient temperature is getting colder with winter coming.

14 Likes

Thanks for joining me Ron. Not everybody would come along with a crotchety badger! :joy:

6 Likes

F2’s on the way to those who asked…
:metal::sunglasses:

9 Likes

So those are the bobsled or different?

3 Likes

The bobsled was Jamaican, these are triple Durban.

Instig8ter is the kind of guy that can walk into a badass party and make it into an epic party.

7 Likes

Movin on up. I should be able to keep the conditions a bit nicer for these babies now. I should also have some popping up tomorrow. Every one of the triple Durban and Durban x kullu popped. I just hope they all come up now. I think that’s a testament to just how good OG is. 4 varieties of OG seeds, :100: Germ rate. Awesome!

21 Likes

Thanks!! Now I have the theme song from the Jefferson’s stuck in my head!!

7 Likes

Anything I can do to help my friend. :wink:

5 Likes

I love my ac infinity fan ! Still havent messed with the programming since I have it on the lowest speed, and my tent still dont hit 70 with the lights on.

6 Likes

I will never buy any other brand again. I’m really impressed with the tent as well. It seems comparable to my gorilla tent.

4 Likes

I’ll have to check out these tents. How much?
Glad to hear all the seeds popped @Badger. Hope @Old-Ron has the same success!

3 Likes

My 48x24x60 was 90 bucks, which I was about to spend on a cheapie. Glad I found this one. @Upstate

I’m still waiting on a few to come up. Triple Durban 2 had issues. It’s not dampened off, but the top looks shriveled. Weird stuff. I’ll see what it does.

7 Likes

So far 4 of the 6 Triple Durban have came up with a 5th one close. All 6 of the Kullu x Durban cross has sprouted. They will be moved to solo cups this weekend.

6 Likes

All 6 or the triple Durban are up, I’m just waiting to see what becomes of the wilted one. I will likely end up with 5 of them.

All 7 of the Durban kullu are up and happy.

Triple Durban on the right and Durbanx kullu on the left. I need to get a shelf, I’m gonna run out of room fast.

11 Likes

Just a quick update. Most of the seedlings were up by Thursday night.

Today all 6 of the Kullu x Durban are up and stretching.

5 of the 6 Triple Durban are up. The 5th one just broke through last night / this morning.

Everyone will be going into solo cups with an organic soil mix, then onto my seedling shelf for a week or two under a “600 watt” blurple. Really only drawing 150 watts.

The ones at the bottom are the Triple Durban

11 Likes

Since seedlings are so exciting to look at, I brought some pics as well. They got their first real watering today, I have just been misting the top with a sprayer, borrowing old-Ron’s method. I’ve been adding labs to all water to attempt to stave off any fungal activity. The last seeds to pop were given the smaller, leftover pots. I did not plan for 100% germ.

Triple Durban are on the front row, Durbanx kullu in the rear.

The weak Durbanx kullu looks like stem now.

13 Likes

Interesting, Im not as psyched with the gorilla tent as I had hoped to be

2 Likes

Me neither really. Mine is a lite , but still. @Old-Ron says his gorilla tent is in a different league quality wise than the rest of his though. I lack experience as I was a tent virgin. He has like 20 tents in his house.

4 Likes