My first bagseed grow

aka a teaspoon and a smidge lol per gallon

2 Likes

I feed 2 waterings then plain water 3rd time. The chart on GLN is per week. So I do half dose each time.

2 Likes

I was going for 16g, since they loved the 8g I gave them last time. I finally stopped seeing rapid death of lower leaves on Harmony after that. Also I saw the rest get a strong trichome covering finally.

I did see some leaves shrivel and die, but they’re new growth during flowering. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere to prune them ASAP as they’re wasting energy. I can make a new batch of fpj with the new shoots too. I’ve read those are the best kinds of additions. Plenty of stem cell enzymes to work with

1 Like

I have yet to burn them with the megacrop, but I am only giving them pretty much the suggested dose. Give or take a few grams for mostly eyeballing it.

1 Like

trying to share my baby I just harvested. All megacrop. My entire garage reeks off of one plant

1 Like

Damn that’s nice! Looks to be around Harmony’s yeild soon. Yeah I think I’ll definitely like my autos for sure. The photos are still great for having much more versatility. I’m certain that if I had autos if have killed them this grow.

1 Like

I have photos budding right now too. They are big, but next year they are going into the ground. Can’t wait to grow giant cannabis!

Yeah, autos can’t have any stress

1 Like

I watered the plants. It’s still absorbing now. I used 4L water. The ratio I went with had Harmony getting 2 cups for each 1 Sadie got. Holly got half a cup for every 1 Sadie got. Ingrid got the same as Sadie.

2 solo cups for Sadie, 2 for Ingrid, 4 for Harmony, 1 for Holly, and 1 for the middle. Well esimated roughly or so. I never fully filled a cup. I might be over 4L a little or under my 10 cup estimation.

So far the temp and humidity seem to be the same day or night. We’ll see.

I took macros and large pics of all

Harmony

Ingrid

Sadie

Holly

That’s all I have for now. Just waiting on the soil to soak it all up and see how the moisture is.

Mine doesn’t pool on top. It soaks in by the time I’ve finished watering the next plant.

1 Like

If I keep the soil hydrated it’s the same for me too.
I noticed when I let it get that dry water seems to bead off it instead of properly soaking right away.
Eventually gravity and suction beat out the hydrophilic nature and the soil accepts the water.

I just took pics. This is how it looks now.

The soil is much more dry than the last pic showed. I might be watering every day or 2 days depending on the rate.

I opened all the windows in the house now that it’s finally feeling like fall outside. The temp in the grow room so far is what I set it to now again. It said it was at 80f and 40% Rh

The plants look about the same today.
I’ll keep an eye on them. So far they are doing much better and drying much faster. I’ll have to buy more megacrop soon. I don’t think I’ll have enough to last until the end of flowering now.

I think I dropped the temperature too much now. It’s 64 in there. I think it’s officially time to lower the power cost and let the windows do all the cooling down for me. In the winter it takes barely any time to drop the temps in the house. Just a single window open for a few minutes and the house drops to around the outside temps.

Also it looks like Harmony is getting very heavy for her stem. She was bent to the middle.

IDK maybe she gets the best light at that angle. I gently bent her back and I’m using a lower branch to keep her at that angle for now. Not sure what’s going on, but the stems have gotten more maliable again

1 Like

The soil is much more dry Tonight. Only Harmony has more water than the rest of the plants. The middle is feeling crusty dry.
I’ll probably be watering again in the morning. Using less for Harmony as it seems it was just a part of the soil retaining moisture.
Next grow I’m definitely going to be using pearlite. This is not a fun situation to deal with trying to get the soil to dry evenly.

I’m extremely tired lately. Really strange. Though I’m pumping out the smell of the plants rn. Who knows. I know being in the grow room for too long makes me dizzy. I feel like I can’t control my high at all today.

1 Like

4 naps yesterday alone. Makes me wonder how much smell left that room now.

I pulled the water jug out of the fridge. Once it reaches room temp I’ll water with it otherwise they be getting cold water and that’s not good.

I’ll use the foliar spray bottle to get the soil started. I’ve noticed that the fine mist is absorbed much easier than when I pour it.

I ordered nematodes, Yellow sticky traps, and mosquito bits. The bits are coming on the 11th, so I can use those. Should I wait on watering another day if that’s the case?

I barely see them anymore. They only seem to come out from the sides of the container where the soil recedes. At the population I see it’s possible the bits will help. I’ll have to water more often to keep the nematodes alive I believe, but if it keeps those bastards from polluting my smoke and slowly reducing yeilds I’ll use what I can.

Watering now. When the bits come I’ll need to do a soil drench anyways, so waiting is useless

Are you using distilled water or something? Why do you keep it in the fridge?

1 Like

I’m using tap, but I don’t have a cool cark place outside of the fridge to keep fermentation at Bay. The fpj actively ferments outside of the fridge. I’ve been using it every water for as long as it’s been showing good results with this combination

3 Likes

If it’s still fermenting it’s not done yet. When it’s done, the pH will be 4 or lower (lactic acid is high enough). This prevents any further contamination etc and preserves it.
That’s probably why you are using so much, I use a TBSP per gallon.

Dont stress over it, just tripped me out I never refrigerate ferments.

3 Likes

In my family that’s all we do. Maybe we do it in a odd way. The way we do it it never stops releasing gas unless it’s in the fridge.

IDK why it’s like that.
I honestly figured it was the same reason kombucha and kefir will continue to ferment

2 Likes

It will continue to off gas until it is done, eventually the lactic acid concentration gets high enough that it kills off the LAB and leaves you with a finished product. It’s the same deal with beer, keeps fermenting until ethanol gets high enough it kills off the yeast. To each their own. Botanical teas have some great properties as well, sounds like yours is in the middle somewhere. Plenty of ways to skin a cat.

2 Likes