OG’s Strain of the Year 2023

Uff… going through my grow journals, looking back at 2023… never had so many plants die or turn out to be male!
Hence my switch to feminized seeds this year to ensure steady supply of medicine.

My strain of the 2023… Violet Kush auto fem by Garden of Green, holy cow is it ever great for sleeping!!! Insomniac who likes auto’s? Try this one out!

I have four 3,5 gallon/9L pots going on now.
Keeping three strictly for auto fem seeds.
One pot I dedicate to co-creating more seeds, sowing 3 seeds at a time, let’s call it the ménage à trois pot.

Onwards through the fog!

5 Likes

Sensi Seeds’ Silver Haze was my #1 Strain of 2023, gets me pondering math and science. I’m terrible at math and just as bad with science, crazy stuff.

3 Likes

just started the one so far. it’s on a grow journal here.

3 Likes

Where about did you get those seeds from? Sounds right up my alley !

2 Likes

For me last year, it was definitely the FAB MC chucked by a buddy of mine. It’s Fuji Apple Cookie x Blueberry Muffin, and the end result was absolutely fantastic. Came out kinda “blueberry catpiss” and was a stellar high :+1::+1:

12 Likes

good topic idea, mines Purple Chem by Cali Connect wasn’t a big yield but its tasty and potent, perfect for after a hard day micro dosing lsd manufacturing edibles

7 Likes

Really grew some amazing genetics this year first mention would have to be @HolyAngel ssdd f2bx1 had 2 outstanding keepers out of 4 females

Ssdd bx #4 pheno

Sunshine daydream bx pheno 5 had the best medical quality’s of the year Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2) - #3515 by DesertHeartGardens

Really found a special pheno in old soul that is some of the most loud weed I’ve grown to date nice daytime effects

Had an awesome pheno of ssdd x gogi og from @syzygy had such a nice pine taste From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses - #467 by DesertHeartGardens

Loved the paint thinner tall pheno of piff stomper og from @SCJedi really nice effects and smell

I think some of the potent herb I’ve grown this year is @stanknugzz77 Hel ( dogwalker og x black triangle f2) absolutely love this stuff

Had a pleasure testing for some og members found some serious nice herb can’t wait to see what is found in 2024

8 Likes

Its not new by any means, but finally got to try the infamous Ohio Lemon G. I now understand the hype and cult like following this plant has had for years. Defiantly the one that stood out the most in my book.

3 Likes

I think the highlight for me was doing the 40+ seed hunt thru aficionado/mandelbrots Long Valley Royal Kush. Found some nice gassy ladies and whittled them down to 3 “keeper” ladies with different aspects and the highlight, an insanely frosty and equally stinky male I am keeping for my breeding program.
My favorite smoke though… 3 years running (since i got the clone) is Chunkypig’s OGKB 2.0 clone.

10 Likes

Plant of the year for me was… Triangle Kush.
Chem91 comes really close tho!

Strain of the year for me, probably my TriForce line. Still sad I tossed my TF#4 thinking the berger/orgnkid bubba kush would be better :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Its a clone only strain. You can get it from FarmerJoe on IG.

2 Likes

Strain of the year for me was Triple Sunshine - we’ll see if it holds up in 2024. Going to compare it against the mother of the cross as well as a couple more siblings & possibly fgens.

11 Likes

That’s cool bud, if you’ll grow them I’ll post them no problem

I’ll dm you later this evening, I’m literally about to go out the door.