Pollen Chucking with VAhomegrown

I hope so! My only concern was the pollen being viable. We’ll find out 2nd or 3rd week of August

Do you have any flower pics? How’s the high? This is one I’ve been super excited about. When I read Bodhi’s description I knew I had to find the Prayer Tower lol. Been tempted to get Doc D’s Lemon Thai F5 and find a male in H&L’s Appalachia F3 and “recreate” it. Which I might still do. Doc’s packs are cheap.

11 Likes

I went about 7 weeks from the first dusting to chop. I got a bunch of ripe seeds, but there were still a bunch that hadn’t matured… bird seed, lol!

9 Likes

This is a pic from day 60:

I harvested the grow at day 62. Clearly the PTS didn’t go all the way. I think it can probably go 80 days. But it was an afterthought in this grow. I did an open pollination with 2 PTS dads with my Bangi Haze and '93 Mexican moms. I just kept the females to see if they would get bud rot like the last time. They are pretty heavily seeded. I brought them in because this was a seed run and I wanted to start a head stash grow with some other strains.

I’ve done three grows of PTS, the first one was to make the f2s. After I separated out all the seeds I turned that batch into edibles. The second grow got bud rot. This is the third one. So I haven’t smoked it yet. The edibles were nice, but it is hard to judge sativas from them.

If your seeds aren’t viable I can send you some more. I wanted to see how they would go through the mail in just an envelope, but I can put them in something more sturdy.

8 Likes

Do you have a thread going? I’ll def tag along. Looking forward to a smoke report on the PTS. Those PTS crosses sound pretty good, too. I was going to chuck an Oaxacan x Angel Wing Afghan male to a PTS, but that plan isn’t happening now. I’ll def let you know how the germination goes. I’d be popping them already if I didn’t have enough plants right now.

6 Likes

This is the bigger PTS. Still not completely sure what it is. Kinda looks like a male?

10 Likes

I have a thread going for my Mexican crosses and this grow is in it, at the end:

I am really looking forward to the Bangi/PTS cross. The Bangi Haze has a relatively psychedelic high but it could be stronger. In flower it has a sweet anise aroma but it turns metallic once it dries. I think the aromatics of the PTS combined with the high frost levels could mesh nicely with the foundation of the Bangi. The Mexican cross could be nice too, it tends to turn modern strains into the throwback sativa version of themselves, but the Bangi cross was the main thing I wanted to do, I just throw the mexican into every open pollination I do.

8 Likes

Transplanted the 2 PTS into 3g pots.

Seedlings still being seedlings. Orange Creamsicle up top, Juicy Fruit Thai below

18 Likes

SSDD looking nice

22 Likes

Thats so fucking cool

1 Like

I want to get some of these eventually. They have some cool designs

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Findings+Stop+mold&crid=TQT010TIZ00Y&sprefix=findings+stop+mold%2Caps%2C87&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

1 Like

they do look very nice

2 Likes

Hey @BudWhisperer do you, or anyone else, know if these are fems? The way it’s written, the Cali-O is in the pollen donor spot, which is why I ask

10 Likes

I thought it was Reg. seeds.

I found the info by Barefrog from 2019, turns out the female and male were listed in the wrong order.
It should be listed as Cali-O AO.
This is good news in that the AO male will improve the Cali O yield but not reduce the female’s juicy orange flavor.

Edit. The orange should start out “citrus skunky” but get increasingly “fresh orange peel” w a good cure.
Happy daytime “motivation medication” is in those beans.

9 Likes

Boring veg pics. Looks like the 3rd PTS is coming back though.

Transplanted the JFT and Orange Creamsicle

13 Likes

Thinking the bigger PTS is Lemon Thai leaning. B described the LT phenos as short and bushy, which that one seems to be. Something in there is starting to smell good. I catch a little whiff of something here and there. Hope that smell comes out more.

9 Likes

Snagged these fems up from a dude on RIU. Bag of Oranges F2 plus some other BOO fem crosses, and a pack of auto fems lol. Nice haul for 50 bucks. Also waiting on Fourora Borealis F2 from Walton Select, and Destroyer F2 from Old Sog to get here

17 Likes

Pretty sure I’m working with 2 females and one male for the PTS

17 Likes

Sorry for the shitty pics lol. Hard to keep it still when reaching my thumb to the button

5 Likes

Keep a look out for hermies. I had them on both male and female plants when I grew it out. It is probably why I got it as a freebie. I’ve never gotten any hermies from the f2s I made though.

It is the only Bodhi cross I’ve grown that had that issue.

6 Likes

I’m not a breeder, but BOO was/is only femmes, I thought? I really, really like BOO, so I’m very interested in what comes out of that pack.

5 Likes