SEMO Grown Medicine

This is my second run indoors in a Tent. I have two Spirit Train F2s from Sebring, 1 Wishbone by Pistil Positive Creations from JBC seeds, 2 Northern Lights, 2 Gorilla Glues and an unknown seed that could be from a few years ago to the 1990s.

Group Shot The two Spirit Trains are the back middle and center, the unknown with the large leaves is in the back corner.

Spirit Trains- These plants always grow vigorously. I did a journal on my first grow of Spirit Train.

Wish Bone

The Unknown has gigantic leaves compared to the others

Random Shots

30 Likes

Great collection, looks that you need a bunch of plates out there :grin:, found intriguing growing an unknown plant icon_e_confused|nullxnull, hope it will be a great surprise … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Group Shot: All the plants are in the same soil and have had only water. I wait to water until I can stick my finger into two inches of dry soil.

The two spirit trains and the wishbone have yellowing issues. I am almost sure it is the updayday light causing this issue with these plants. They are the only one that get all of their light from the Updayday light.

Another plant the one I called Andrea has a different issue with the large fans leaves.

Other Plants

6 Likes

What a fun guy. Soil is active today.

4 Likes

Everything is going swimmingly. Andrea may have to go. The plant is still outpacing all the others and could fill the tent by itself if I would let it.

The three plants in the backrow that were yellowing have recovered nicely. The problem was they were root bound with depleted soil in the smaller pot. They were in shock when I transplanted them into the larger pot. It took them a few days to grow their roots enough into the new soil to start feeding and growing again.

Group shot.

Andrea with the monster fan leaves

Backrow with the recovering plants

Shots of a few other plants

6 Likes

There is no room in the tent for this plant. It is an unknown bag seed from the early 2000s.

I am moving it to a five gallon bucket. The bucket has four holes drilled in the bottom for drainage. It will be lined with rocks to keep the roots out of any water that fails to drain out the bottom. The rocks are soaking in a mixture of bleach and water.

I live next to a swamp with a lot of wildlife. The turtles leave the water and woods to lay their eggs all around my house. I will have hordes of tiny turtles popping up in my garden, flower beds and yard from now until the end of june.

Edit-The outside plant is in its finale pot, trimmed and tied down.

10 Likes

Did some trimming and training today on six of the eight plants in the ten

Smaller Spirit Train fan leaf

Andrea’s Fan Leaves

Group shot. Sorry for the poor quality pictures. My camera will focus on something close making the rest of the picture off.

9 Likes

If you make a hole on the side instead you will have a hempy bucket, so there’s water longer available … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

The humus I add from completely broken down trees is super absorbent no need for a reservoir. It is a lot different than just using a peat moss/perlite/vermiculite mix.

Plus I need those wholes in the bottom of the buckets. We can get rain for a week straight here and anything with too much water will wilt. I cant use the pots with the attached saucer or the plants drown and the roots rot. I found out the hard way.

3 Likes

The last two plants have been trimmed and tied down.

Group shot

The two spirit trains and Wishbone. Can you tell the sex on these yet? These are regular seeds.

Andrea

Other 3 I am raising for a patient. Andrea and these three are suppose to be two gorilla glues and two northern lights. They are suppose to be feminized.

The unknown bagseed

I ran out of pots and had to improvise with my last plant. The stores around here have no nursey pots or cheap plastic pots anymore. The cost of buying online is stupid high then you add on the new shipping rates and pots are out of my price range online.

If you need pots or buckets it is far cheaper to buy 5 gallon buckets with the store logos on them than buying flower pots.

10 Likes

I have aphids in the tent. I saw a few on every plant, they are still tiny and pale colored. Should I toss the plants take down the tent and let it sit in the sun for a week? Or try and manage them?

I have my tent in the unfinished part of my basement. I have the washer/dryer in there and the central air. Both have openings to the outside plus there is the flue for off gassing out the roof. That is there ways they can get in the room from the outside. The dryer doesnt have a screen on the outside and I do not know about the two flues out the roof.

2 Likes

I took the plants out of the tent yesterday and took the tent down. I sprayed off all the plants with the hose. I broke a top of off two plants and broke some others on some more plants.

I then sprayed the plants with a soapy water+neem oil mix. The tent I took outside and sprayed it down with some malathion. Thirty minutes later after the smell dissipated I washed it out real good with bleach water. I put it back up im my basement early this morning.

I busted out they old magnifying glass and went over all the plants. I did not see any more mites or eggs. I sprayed them again with soapy water mix and put them back in the tent after they dried off.

5 Likes

The plants look good to me. Any leaf damage that looks like something was chewing on them is from my shop vac. I used it took suck up all the lose material in the pots. I also hit the stalks and there were a few tips and leaves that got a little too close.

Andrea the bottom right plant had the infestation. It had two fan leaves with a bunch of mites. The rest of the plants had a few but there were white spots on multiple leaves on every plant. They were all clear this morning.

9 Likes

I will post some more pictures once my grow bags come in and the plants are transplanted. I have a mixture of dandelions, stinging nettles, green willow tips and comfrey brewing. I will use this on the plants once I transplant them into larger grow bags.

Here is my outdoor plant. It has the thinnest leaves out of this grow. I am using it to experiment training techniques. It has been topped, tied down and I super cropped it two days ago.

10 Likes

hey there @SEMOActivist! i found this grow journal by following you from your spirit train seed run. i hope this thread of yours gets more attention, but sometimes new threads can get buried.

sorry to hear about your aphid (and mites?) issue, yikes! that’s the emergency nuke button you’ve gotta activate when you see them. i hope you’re able to get them under control. i haven’t personally had to deal with them yet, but i rue the day when it’ll happen! i know there’s a thread on overgrow about different ipm sprays and schedules.

there are some very simple recipes you can brew up, as well as slightly more complicated ones, but nothing too hard to cook up i’d say. your plants are doing so well, it’d be a shame if those aphids were able to take them down. i hope some other og’ers can chime in with thoughts and ideas. maybe @DesertHeartGardens @ReikoX @CrunchBerries ?

apart from that, damnnn those turtles are hella cute! maybe even cuter than @breadwinner’s ducks, but i dunno…

5 Likes

No sign of aphids after nine days. There are still a couple fungus gnats flying around but that is not unusually they are everywhere. The spraying with the hose and the soapy water+neem oil mix has been rough on a couple of the plants. A couple of times I sprayed them with the mix and left the lights on high. That is not a good idea, be sure to turn the lights down. Where I am at you really do not want to spray them right before lights out unless you want to risk PM or some other mold or fungus growing on the plants.

Group Shot before transplanting into new pots. The wishbone in the upper left corner fared the worst and one of the northern light on the bottom left has some issues from the rough treatment.

My training experimental plant.

I bought AC infinity five gallon fabric pots. They have grommets and handles. We shall see if they tear out after a while.

8 Likes

Man after a couple of days in the new pots and having the tea drench they are doing great. I did have to remove the wishbone from Pistil Positive Creations. It just wasnt doing good and I needed the space. I have it out with my training experimental plant.

Group shot: You can see the difference from the picture I posted two days ago. Sorry for the poor quality the auto focus on my camera is crap.

After I took the picture I removed the plants I cleaned up the floor.

I also have to deal with brown recluse spiders. I killed this one while cleaning the floor.

9 Likes

The wishbone is starting to liven up. I dont know why it was struggling more than the others in the tent. Some sun and fresh air has done it a world of good.

The training experiment. There are a couple of tips I broke too much with the super cropping that are held on by duct tape.

6 Likes

The dang bugs I had to deal with made me veg too long. I have three plants that look like they are going to fill up the tent and crowd out the others. I have three plants in the back that you can barely see. The three big plants are suppose to be northern lights.

Group Shot

Random Shots

9 Likes

The outdoor plants

Unknown thin leaf training plant

Wishbone

Group shot of the Tent under Flowering Light. I still havent seen any bugs and since I transplanted into the fabric pots I havent seen any fungus gnats in the tent.

8 Likes