BOO (Bag Of Oranges) reproduction in honour of brother Useful

Figured this needed to be done as I know how scarce these beans are, Useful was a personal friend and associate as well as one of my best friends, best friend. Over the years I’ve helped with endeavours and been blessed with some amazing genetics courtesy of Useful so I figured it’s only fitting I reproduce one of his iconic strains. Mind you my reversal experience is minimal (3x) but always just a single plant, isolated etc. So bear with me as we make this work to the best of my abilities. My seeds as well as my good friend @FirstCavApache64 (HUGE shoutout for donating your last 5 seeds brother) seeds both came directly from Usefuls hands so I believe they hold a special kind of karma and positive energy and will give us a bountiful harvest of beautiful citrus scented cannabis and big beautiful buds full of glorious BOO babies! The other beans were donated by a great friend from another forum who happens to be a very close friend of usefuls as well and last but not least an entire pack from the awesome @PatHealy my Floridian homie! Useful, Rest in peace brother :pray:t3: may you smile down upon us and bless us with your knowledge and skill to make this a complete success so that others may enjoy yet another truly wonderful strain you’ve created …. Much love and respect, until we meet again brother :facepunch:t2:

194 Likes

Beans took the plunge last week and after 24 hours in simple tap water were moved to step 2

125 Likes

Gonna take seat in corner. This sounds good. Good luck with this project.

13 Likes

Then they were added to a food storage container with 2sheets of bounty on the bottom wet but not soaked and then covered by a half sheet also damp but not soaked , I place a cover over top but leave slightly askew and move off a little more each day. They remained in here for 5 days establishing a decent tap root and breaking free of their shells.
(Many were showing signs of life less than 24hrs in)

67 Likes

BOO-YA! Following!

11 Likes

Oh man, this is a good one!! Very cool!

9 Likes

Bag of Oranges is a great strain, good luck :four_leaf_clover:

12 Likes

Good luck buddy, I am hyped to see this happen. @TopShelfTrees1

Peace! :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Thank you guys :pray:t3: @buckaroobonsai its one of my favourites of his, crushed my anxiety too, I was hoarding those last few beans, then I thought what better way to honour him a few months back after his passing. And the time is finally right ! In fact I put off another preservation run (almost ten years in the making) to get this one underway first. Should be lots of awesome goodies from useful flying around soon enough! I have a feeling 2024 we’re gonna see a TON of usefuls top strains in production again all over the world . God I love this place and what it entails and the endless possibilities it provides.

52 Likes

Great project. Much success. Blessings

7 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 , if you smell burning it’s from the heat generated by the friction of me setting up a chair too fast.

:rofl:

:v:

20 Likes

Godspeed trees : )

8 Likes

Ahhh thank God! I thought something was on fire over here! :open_mouth:‍:dash:

8 Likes

This sounds so good :drooling_face:
Fingers crossed for some good males!

5 Likes

Best of luck with preservation! Hope you get a ton of beans for everyone who wants some.

8 Likes

Oh I love oranges. Best of luck for this endeavour, I’ll be in the back watching. :seedling: :tangerine:

8 Likes

Super excited to see this being done with BOO. I had told Useful that BOO was one of my wife’s favorite strains and he brought me those 5 seeds when we met especially for her. He really was a great guy and will be missed by many.

25 Likes

I love how Useful will live on through his genetics. I’ve got 2 GMO x BOO going right now from Useful. Wishing you some good luck on this preservation.

14 Likes

And boom :boom: courtesy of my homie @PatHealy debating whether I should drop these now too, or keep ‘em for backup just in case…. Thank you brother :pray:t3:

51 Likes

An absolute gem of a human being, we’ll have to make sure she has a lifetime worth of BOO beans. Thank you for your contribution :pray:t3:

16 Likes