Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)

Back row left to right: Beatrix choice x black lavender, trichopath, cherry 18, sparkling lime. Front row: Cheetoz, cat piss, cat piss male and one more cat piss.

4 Likes

Interesting, never heard of the trichopath, or cherry 18… are they hybrids?

3 Likes

Yeah the trichopath is from inhouse genetics its platinum x jelly breath. Cherry 18 is cherry pie x og18 from Crockett family farms.

5 Likes

d921b4cd-bf44-4c3e-a443-e44d6e204ec4_text

Welcome to allayall newcomers.

3 Likes

I’ve run autos, but wasn’t real impressed with them, mostly because I’ve been ingrained on bigger plants, bigger yield, and the autos just didn’t ring my bell. I confess, undoubtedly has much to do with my inexperience with autos. I was thinking maybe with LST, I could get better results, but then one has a limited time so…
Then there’s the fluidity of the garden(s). While most plants are on the same schedule, with autos in the garden, now I have different feeding schedules, some plants vegging, some early budding, some in stretch, some really budding… it’s just too much for me, in some ways. Not all. Just easier when everything is in sync.
As for finishing early, ah, therein lies the rub. You are really at the mercy of Nature’s clock. I don’t start my plants in a tent, (yet) but I do pop my beans by mid April. I may start earlier next spring as I’m thinking of converting a hunting pop up blind into a tent. I’d also like to try more LST.
The biggest issues I’ve faced with finishing outside are rot, .ildew, and spider mites. For the rot and mildew, I’ll use either Growers Ally, which is citrus based, or Zerotol. Zerotol is h2o2 based and works amazing for rot and mildew prevention. Let me say that again. Prevention. Gotta have a good preventive maintenance program. Many professional growers in the Triangle use Zerotol, I know many growers swear by it.
Growers Ally spider mites prevention, that’s the citrus based one, think I misspoke before. Again, preventive maintenance is key.
And keeping the garden clean on the bottom is a technique I use. I heavily strip the bottoms of my plants, naked from the bottom up to a foot or 2 depending on the size of the plants. This not only allows for good air flow, but pushes the nutes to the top energy points, making for fatter colas and less larf.
For aphids I use yellow sticky pads. I’ve used BT and will usually give the garden a dose or 2, but dont really have paterkiller or worm issues.
Just a few if the things I do. I’m no guru by any means. But my style has certainly evolved
from the days of guerilla growing, plant & pray. Hope this helps. Thanks for the interest.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Common theme I’ve heard is prevention/having a proactive plan, especially outdoors.

3 Likes

Welcome to the OG community :raising_hand_woman:t3:

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

What’s up everyone, first time poster here! Gotta shout out @Yetigrows for showing me this community! I’m new to growing, about to finish up my first run that is focused on growing for hash. Here’s my tent, mostly 3 phenotypes of Rainbow Belts v3 from Archive Seedbank on day 30. I have a couple Blue Dreams and a Humboldt Pound Cake filling in the gaps! I’ve got some interesting really things lined up for next year.

21 Likes

Welcome @cdues21

6 Likes

Welcome @cdues21 , grow is looking good

5 Likes

Welcome to OG cdues21, nice looking plants for a first run :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome. That’s a very nice first run! They look excellent!

7 Likes

Hey brother, I hear ya on the autos!

You may want to check out @BU2B 3 4 A Kg (Three For a key) even more Automatic Writing Grow.

I am on the fence with Autos but @BU2B is killing it with Autos.
His new post is chock full of great growing tips he uses!

From BU2B’s From Automatic Writing post, post:7, topic:91707

He is sharing a wealth of info on his grow style!

If you are into Auto’s or on the fence check out his grow!
Overgrow the World :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

Hi everyone! Finally started posting after lurking for a while. I’ve been going by WidowMaker since probably 1999>? 2000? It’s so hard to tell.

Been growing since I was 18 years old and still going strong 21 years later… wow time flies.

I was an original member of overgrow back in the day before it all went down. Name was WidowMaker :)

At some point a lot of us migrated over to ICMAG; I made an account there (widow maker) https://www.icmag.com/members/widow-maker.20542/#xfmgAlbums

Looking forward to posting some grow logs and bud shots on OVERGROW again hehe. I won POTM way back when for a shot of my (REZ DOG) Reservoir Sour Diesel IBL woo woo, anyone remember those times? :) :)

Just got my hands on some clones from a good friend of mine who runs a dispensary in Maine and I’m starting back up my grow domain
:) :)

For my next run(s) I’ll be rocking out a clone that was pheno hunted by my friend of Wifi Cake in my home made RDWC.
Genetics: White Fire #43 x Wedding Cake

In soil right now becoming new mothers for clones we’ve got:

Gush Mints (PCG cut)
Pablos Revenge (Tiki cut)
Wifi Mints (Jungleboys cut)

Already in the mother room:

Future #1 (clone only)
Gelato OG (personally hunted pheno)
Gorilla Skittlez (probably retiring)
Amnesi-k (29% high yield sativa)

Looking for:

Chem 4! (i need this cut back in my life! Still one of my favorite smokes)
Tahoe OG (I miss her, had this cut for 7 years when I lived in tahoe for a while, sadly lost in the move)

Anyway, HI ALL. Good to be back even if I’m way late to the party

~WM

23 Likes

Welcome @widowmaker happy you signed up at the old home again. Your lineup sounds great.

5 Likes

Welcome @widowmaker - good to have you back- bringing the fire with those genetics- looking forward to your new adventures! Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Hi @widowmaker and @cdues21! Welcome to OG! You’ll both love it here! Guaranteed! Have fun!!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @widowmaker and @cdues21

3 Likes

Welcome! Best community on the internet ever! Hope to see more of you!

3 Likes

Welcome @cdues21 !!!

4 Likes