Would anyone listen to an OG based podcast-TheOGBudCast

@HolyAngel is certainly holier than thou. Thankyou brother. Will see if it works very shortly. I’m packing all the podcast gear and going to the caravan for a week. Leaving a half decorated kitchen. I guess it’s all progress eh :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Yup it worked. I only saw one physical slot and put the 16gb in. (Which works perfectly thankyou) but didn’t see a second and now the laptop says 20gb installed? Was only 4gb in there too but it said 8 so is it using the SSD in some way to gain the extra 4gb?

4 Likes

hmm that’s a bit strange. The one slot was open before you put the 16gb in? or did it have a 4gb stick in it that you replaced with the 16GB? The motherboard has some ram soldered onto it outside of the slot. It’s super dumb for the OEM to do that but a bunch do these days. Sounds like it has 4GB soldered to the board, giving you 20GB total. If it had 8GB soldered on you’d have 24GB.

3 Likes

The one slot contained a sk hynix 4gb. Which I removed and replaced with the 16gb you sent. But the laptop was sold as 8gb and can’t see any RAM soldered to the MB. I’ve repaired loads of laptops and PCs in the past but never seen this until today

2 Likes

Ah then yeah that makes sense. The ram is likely on the other side of the motherboard where you can’t see it without full removal.

2 Likes

Most likely. I don’t have time for a full tear down at the moment. I literally just unpacked it to install the RAM. The mrs has gone to her eldest leavers assembly in school. And once they’re back we leave for wales. I kinda want to drop a ssdd in the soil there so some of you goes back to your roots. The weather is supposed to be bad there though so I’m taking my dj controller and speaker’s :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We got sunshine in Manchester too

12 Likes

I have seen where they put a slot on the bottom of a laptop and another on the top side under the keyboard. That might be the case here :thinking:

3 Likes

It’s a new to me thing. I’m quite happy with 20gb to be honest mate. Should cut render times a lot. People keep saying they want to see more of me (no idea why) but I’m most comfortable in the kitchen. Would anyone want 5 mins of me rambling with a recipe added on?

8 Likes

Absolutely - short segments (OGBudVignettes? …eh…maybe) would be very cool, and you could totally let us see more of your work, but also invite members to submit similar short 5-min-ish vids on particular techniques, issues, the state of research on a topic, etc. Might work, might not, and not every submission would necessarily get “on the air” as it were, but it could become another mode of gaining insight from each other.

@DougDawson - Making a quick video in which you introduce the distro team and outline their activities and protocols (and rationale) might help reinforce understanding of what all of you do (and also temporarily satisfy the site’s craven lust for more Dawson…).

4 Likes

I’m hoping to have a bit more inside to show over the winter. At present. The weather is far too changeable. I love the what do stoners eat and @Pigeonman hot dog thread. I’d love some detailed insights from the likes of @mr.sparkle on budget LED. @medmanbrand on his land race work. The list goes on.

Was only thinking the food stuff (which @PhilCuisine is welcome to rip apart and add his own recipes)

I don’t fully understand the co OP stuff. Seems to be a lot of politics nowadays so maybe a breakdown of that would be good

10 Likes

I’m always down to have meetings of minds :slight_smile:

mm

5 Likes

Not really much politics. The Co-op is very simple really. People put up a strain, the action group does research to make sure the strain is not for sale out there so as not to step on breeders toes. We try to validate the seeds are original F1 seeds and that’s about it. There are exceptions to using F1s as well. Such as if we did a run on OG to make F2s, those F2s could be run to make F3’s as we know of their origins. That’s about it in a nutshell. There are some other bits that are situational but for the most part, those are our goals.

9 Likes

see, that and the situational stuff would make a good five minute video.

6 Likes

@MCR0161 @Upstate would be an incredible guest regarding landrace preservation, if he were willing. Encyclopedic knowledge, and juuust crazy enough to keep things interesting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bear:

5 Likes

I think the most political thing is the voting! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hit up my DMS bro. I’ve been watching the friesland stuff hard. As a uk man it’s got me thinking it could work.

@DougDawson that’s still a lot of politicking bro. Especially for someone on the outside looking in. Some of the noobs wont even know what an f2 or f3 is.

You’re my favourite idea guy for the budcast and your write ups are 10/10.

I’ve seen his name but not much of the work. Link me bro

3 Likes

Filter these threads for his posts and you’ll get an idea. He’s also the reason there’s so much Oaxacan Gold circulating the forum right now

6 Likes

I suppose it would :thinking:

I mean, not really politics brother. Just some simple and straight forward goals. Sure noobs won’t necessarily know their F2’s from F3’s but again, not politics but rather education in that case.

4 Likes

Shit, did I just give another reason to come on. stoned-smiley

5 Likes