ReikoX's Auto Projects

Look at the havoc you have caused lol

7 Likes

:joy:

I see auto fem seeds becoming a LOT more popular in the near future.

:tv:

'Personally still need some outdoor trees :blush: but for those who have lower consuption rates or for beginners/novelty…it is a very cool thing.

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

These so called “fast versions” Are bred using auto flower genetics mate.

4 Likes

Okay, one more time… :+1::seedling:

The autoflowering trait is a recessive trait, the photoperiod trait is dominant. We represent this as P for photoperiod and p for autoflower. When we cross two plants, they will each contribute one geen. In order for a plant to show the autoflowering trait, it must have both recessive genes pp, any other combination, PP, Pp, pP, will be a photoperiod. We can get a rough idea of the contribution using a punnett square. So in your example, when we cross an autoflower (pp) with a photoperiod (PP) the F1 generation will be all photoperiod.

F1 - Autoflower (pp) x Photoperiod (PP)

If you cross two plants from the F1 generation (Pp) then you will have 25% autoflowers (pp). Some people refer to these as “Fast” versions.

F2 - Photoperiod (Pp) x Photoperiod (Pp)

If instead in you crossed a plant from the F1 generation (Pp) with the saved autoflower pollen (pp) then you will have 50% autoflowers. They will also be more similar to the original autoflower, and this would be referred to as a back cross.

F2 - Photoperiod (Pp) x Autoflower (pp)

However you do it, to maintain 100% autoflower (pp), you always have to cross two autoflowers (pp) together.

F3 - Autoflower (pp) x Autoflower (pp)

39 Likes

I cut down the Grapey Walter and the Sugar Black Rose tonight. The Grapey Walter barely dropped any pollen and I didnt like its structure once it started flowering. They both went directly in the trash.

First I plucked all the open flowers, then I sifted them over a 120 micron screen onto a piece of parchment paper.

Next I scraped up the pollen with a razor blade. There is more than enough pollen to make plenty of seeds.

The pollen is stored in plastic viles for individual servings. I’ll vacuum seal them in mylar bags with desiccant, then vacuum seal that and place in the freezer.

23 Likes

Picking a good male is defiently super important , I like the idea of the auto flower sativa varieties ,I’d love to see a 4 month sativa that started flowering mid spring but still took the 3-4mnths to finish so that it would be done before fall
Anybody know where to obtain pure ruderalis beans would be very useful for the auto flower projects members hefe are working on, sensi seeds ruderalis indica is the closest I can find but it’s not pure ruderalis , anybody in Europe or russia wanna go for a walk and collect the community some landrace Rudy bean ?

8 Likes

Why do I now feel like going for a P?? :grin:

8 Likes

@ReikoX please add me to the list. Thanks in advance

4 Likes

Love it when you talk dirty…

5 Likes

Alaskan Purple 1

Alaskan Purple 2

Dark Devil 1

Dark Devil 2

21 Likes

Ghost Toof 1

Ghost Toof 2

Red Poison 1

Red Poison 2

21 Likes

Do you find those tall pots help yield with autos? Or do u use tall so they can match canopies of non autos in same room?

3 Likes

Would it be pedantic of me to point out the errors in this post? I’m not an asshole, really. But I my attention to detail makes me appear that way.

5 Likes

Sure, I wrote it or pretty quick. Could have messed something up…

5 Likes

First time using them with autos, but that was the intention.

8 Likes

Title of first chart - should read “F1 - Autoflower (pp) x Photoperiod (PP)” as per the actual chart.

The results of this 3rd punnet square are wrong. It should result in 50% Pp and 50% pp

The P in the first column of the chart will dominate the entire column.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I edited the original post to avoid confusion. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Looks perfect now. I suspect you appreciate perfection (or, at least precision) as much as I do. :wink:

6 Likes

Does it seem like it made a difference? From what you can tell at this point?

3 Likes

Yes, significantly bigger than the ones in party cups were. :+1::seedling:

10 Likes