Delta-9-THC vs 11-Hydroxy-THC

I notice more and more people not responding to edibles so I thought I’d share what I know works for me without building tolerance and maybe it will help others.

First of all, when ingesting cannabis via your lungs or skin you get Delta-9-THC straight into your blood, which is unnatural to begin with.

So your system is flooded with a molecule your liver prefers to upgrade to 11-Hydroxy-THC.
It can’t do that efficiently because the Delta-9-THC is already present in your blood all over your body, it normally wouldn’t allow that molecule, or only very little of it to go into your bloodstream.

Our livers are extremely intelligent molecule magicians, they regulate just about every molecule that passes through the walls of your intestines into the blood vessels that guide them to the liver where it then decides what and how much goes into the rest of your blood system to be shared with all of your body.

That is, if you ingest moderate amounts, decarbed in two batches of dried bud, crumbled (sous vide: pot of boiling water with another pot on top with the dry bud, put a lid on the cooking pot containing the bud, make sure the boiling water always touches the bottom of the upper pot) at 212 F / 100 C for 1 hr 11 mins, then take out the half of the batch and let the rest decarb until 2 hr 22 mins, then eat 1/3 rd of a teaspoon of each batch before breakfast.

Microdosing cannabis, if you will.
Less is more!

Doing this gets you a more even keeled ratio of THCa, THC and CBN, all of which are very beneficial, working together and providing your liver with more molecules to play with to help you, instead of getting only a spike in THC and overwhelming your receptors in an unnatural way.

This way the liver has more control and you’ll have a more pleaseant peaceful clear headed creative experience and sleep better at the end of the day.

So, knowing that, to quit smoking and vaping makes sense, to flush out the Delta-9-THC, to give back the power to your liver to create the 11-Hydroxy-THC molecule which seems more advanced.

Note concerning drug testing: from what I know currently they test for Delta-9-THC only, you may still have some in your blood, but way less or maybe even only trace amounts, than if you would smoke.
Urine test might show up negative but blood test positive, I do not know, I’m speculating.
Feel free to let me know the results if you use this decarb method and get blood and/or urine tested.
It also depends on whether they have zero-tolerance or if they allow for a small percentile in the test.

I’ve been using cannabis this way, every single day, for months now, and still no tolerance.
It’s very predictable.
Blissful waves come, but in a more controlled way, no couchlock or blitzing, not overwhelming but more lucid and functional.
I’ve gone through some different cultivars so far and it always feels very similar and stable using this decarb method.

When both energizing and sedative cultivars are at hand, then I decarb the sativa for the shorter time and the indica for the longer time.

Alcohol, cigarettes, coffee and just about all prescription drugs interfere with your liver’s ability to upgrade the Delta-9-THC molecule to 11-Hydroxy-THC and your awareness of it.

I may add more to this text later, bed time now.

Reprogramming all your thinking patterns is also vital.
Negative thoughts attract more negative thoughts, which manifest as sickness.
Positive thoughts attract more positive thoughts, which manifest as wellbeing.
Really gotta be vigilant and aware of every negative thought that passes by and create a positive thought instead. Keep this up long enough and miracles happen.

Gratitude is extremely powerful as well.

11-Hydroxy-THC seems to make this much easier.
But once again, the combination with all the other cannabinoids is what makes it all happen.

All this utterly changed my life for the better and I am more and more the kinda person I like to be.

We are eternal beings temporarily experiencing being human, death is just a birth into another frequency of existence. The more you tune into that frequency while still alive, the more it rejuvinates and heals.

It’s like this, but can be hard to swallow that truth, however more and more people are realizing this fact.
The point is to identify as the infinite force that keeps your body alive and rejuvinates it.
Pain, disease and suffering is a result of years and generations of thinking negatively of yourself and others. It accumulates in our DNA.

You can not think negatively of others without thinking negatively of yourself.
And you can not think positively of another without thinking positively of yourself.

This is oversimplification, it’s more complex ofcourse, some people are born with disorders from birth, and that may be a result of karma from previous lives.
We keep suffering until we learn and change the way we think and discover the eternal truth of ourselves.
Which can be quite a challenge in a world where we are often surrounded with negative thinking.

It can take a while to reprogram yourself through positive I AM affirmations, effectively reconstructing neural pathways in the brain.

Make sure your I AM statements are always immediate and in the present, don’t project into the future;
I AM going to… doesn’t change a damn thing.

Saying “I AM healthy” while you’re still sick activates healing forces in the body.
Accept that which is necessary to heal ofcourse, don’t discard medicine if they make sense, but rather use this in parallel with whatever other help you deem necessary to heal.

Cannabis and mushrooms make this easier and act like a lubricant, a softener to those rigid old neural pathways.

19 Likes

@MoBilly This is a more in-depth write up of what I was talking about earlier, should you or your wife be interested.

Feel free to tag anyone you know who struggles with tolerance.

7 Likes

Outstanding
Congratulation,good Reading,Hope to come later and see your updates.
Out of likes :frowning:

6 Likes

This is fascinating. Thank you for the information. I’ve got a lot to think about. I quit taking any pain pills a while back and smoking takes the edge off of it and my tremors. I’m more than a little hesitant to break off of smoking for a while to see if this works though. I’ll be in a very bad way during that time… Still… if it works.
:thinking:

7 Likes

I understand @MoBilly , I’d be hesitant too.

Well, actually, if you simply switch, just stop smoking/vaping and immediately start eating it, it may work too because it’s wide spectrum cannabinoids.

You’re getting a bunch of other molecules that you didn’t get before.

It’s a completley different feeling and effect.

5 Likes

And when you solubilize the thc in coconut oil, it becomes more bioavailable

7 Likes

Could very well be!

I eat my decarb straight up pure and dry, but then use coconut oil on my breakfast toast, sandwiches and cook with it too, I often mix it with butter and extra virgin olive oil, just a little of each.

Also if you eat it dry, you get a bunch of fiber included too, which helps making it slow release so I’m good all day, if you dissolve it in coconut oil it’s probably faster release so might get more of a spike than a flatter curve when it comes to effect.

Health is all about balance and diversity.

Everything in moderation, including moderation. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

That is absolutely fascinating and although I’ve been reading scientific papers on cannabis, its effects and different dosing and interesting regionens für medicals users, I’be never ever heard of that.
Thank you!

6 Likes

Welcome to OG! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This place is cutting edge, pioneers and trailblazers all over the place.
I’m definitely not the only one, the richness of this place is vast!

3 Likes

Added the folllowing to the first post:

Reprogramming all your thinking patterns is also vital.
Negative thoughts attract more negative thoughts, which manifest as sickness.
Positive thoughts attract more positive thoughts, which manifest as wellbeing.
Really gotta be vigilant and aware of every negative thought that passes by and create a positive thought instead. Keep this up long enough and miracles happen.

Gratitude is extremely powerful as well.

11-Hydroxy-THC seems to help make this much easier.
But once again, the combination with all the other cannabinoids is what makes it all happen.

All this utterly changed my life for the better and I am more and more the kinda person I like to be.

We are eternal beings temporarily experiencing being human, death is just a birth into another frequency of existence. The more you tune into that frequency while still alive, the more it rejuvinates and heals.

6 Likes

True words. When you are truly grateful for what is actually important, you’re life is forever changed. It’s not what you have it’s who cares for you as much as you care for them. It’s not hating, but loving, the person looking back in the mirror. Then it becomes "How much joy am I bringing into others lives. That’s when the true magic happens in my opinion. When you make a decision to go out of your way to lift others out of whatever pit they find themselves in, it can’t help but create, yet another, reason for not hating that guy looking back at you in that glass. That is a happy side effect of an act of kindness.
:cowboy_hat_face:
:pray:t4:

6 Likes

Added this to the first post, from this thread: Tell me what you know about Life

It’s like this, but can be hard to swallow that truth, however more and more people are realizing this fact.
The point is to identify as the infinite force that keeps your body alive and rejuvinates it.
Pain, disease and suffering is a result of years and generations of thinking negatively of yourself and others. It accumulates in our DNA.

You can not think negatively of others without thinking negatively of yourself.
And you can not think positively of another without thinking positively of yourself.

This is oversimplification, it’s more complex ofcourse, some people are born with disorders from birth, and that may be a result of karma from previous lives, or a conscious decision on a soul level before birth, in order to learn from limitations and whatever other reasons.
We keep suffering until we learn and change the way we think and discover the eternal truth of ourselves.
Which can be quite a challenge in a world where we are often surrounded with negative thinking.

It can take a while to reprogram yourself through positive I AM affirmations, effectively reconstructing neural pathways in the brain.

Make sure your I AM statements are always immediate and in the present, don’t project into the future;
I AM going to… doesn’t change a damn thing.

Saying “I AM healthy” while you’re still sick activates healing forces in the body.
Accept that which is necessary to heal ofcourse, don’t discard medicine if they make sense, but rather use this in parallel with whatever other help you deem necessary to heal.

Cannabis and mushrooms make this easier and act like a lubricant, a softener to those rigid old neural pathways.

6 Likes

I am am firm believer in what you are saying. Whenever someone is mean to me I know now it is just a reflection of themselves and what’s going on in their life. The same can be said about me to others. Whenever I find myself being negative towards others I now try to look inside to see what I need to fix in myself.

4 Likes

That is definitely the way to go about it, making the choice to love the ones we don’t agree with, and knowing that we all have a dark side, but nourishing and stimulating our light side instead.

4 Likes

Yes, it helps me to not respond with anger and instead feel for them and their pain. Really helped me not to let negativity enter my life.

4 Likes

I’ve heard people say that “such and such WILL happen” locks it into the future and it will just keep being that future carrot until you bring it into now/already happened with such and such is done. Be thankful too if you can muster it up to add to the feeling that it has already happened.

4 Likes

I agree, when you think positively and be open minded to the sativa vs indica effect the placebo affects are much stronger.

2 Likes

I just decide that whatever I grow is perfect for me and is exactly what I need at all times. :smile:

5 Likes

What does healing sound like you may ask?

Listen, it all helps stimulate your consciousness into healing and knowing that all is well.

It is that trust in healing, in your own ability to heal that is so vitally important and powerful.

3 Likes

Embrace your foolishness, it’s the funniest part of you.- Sejeluho

2 Likes