NOTEBOOK: science & og notes + sources

I think theres still lots of work to do, hopefully I will have a better version within a month.

1 Like

thanks! got some links from growweedeasy actually in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent! I have a ton of notes like this as well but no where near to this level of organization. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I would think that would be a lot for a newbie… learn how to grow it first before making seeds. I think you need to slow down

3 Likes

hi! I dont recall the guide having anything to breed or pollinate - other than superficial info to just understand what certain terminology means (like S1 etc, for when buying seeds etc). - which part are you referring to?

but yeah, im nowhere near making seeds (im overwhelmed just by growing :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Very cool, thanks for sharing…

1 Like

Yah I’m not a noob but now my eyes and brain hurties, I send noobs to growweedeasy also

2 Likes

Thanks naturalselection that must have taken some time and patience.
Groweeedeasy taught me alot too.

1 Like

if you have the time, you can paste them as a reply and ill go through them and sort them out, always appreciated.

Funny enough I learned a lot more about growing on this forum than any others

This is a good solid forum you have a bit of everything to read ,
Don’t even know why people join other forums

But that’s a nice write up did there
Takes time to do that ,maybe a joint or 2 as well

7 Likes

added washing and drying info:

1 Like

Had me at Cannabis is a vascular plant -

2 Likes

Ok so I’ve made a couple of relevant updates and cleaned up a lot of unnecessary info.

Most important update is I added a complete copy of Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants (for Dr. Bugbee followers this is one of the books he teaches with).

Next thing I added is decarboxylation information based on this great post here in OG

and Nagel420’s auto burping system

and finally, I updated the growjournals section with descriptions.

3 Likes

thanks to @ReikoX, I saw this great research paper on different cannabis disorders. One of the things that stand out is the fact it presents a live visual progression of common disorders so you can identify them early on.

4 Likes

Wow, this is truly a gem to behold. Thank you so much for taking the time to compile all of this. What a huge boon to the community.

My growmie @hollyho would probably also appreciate the wealth of knowledge packed into this post.

3 Likes

I would like to promote a youtube channel i just found through GreenGenesGarden profile.

It is Science in Hydroponics, by Daniel Fernandez Pinto PhD. I will add notes from his videos to the main text, but I thought it would be important to promote the channel as well. I think he is very concise and yet thorough in his explanations, and always with research at hand to cite.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ScienceinHydroponics/videos

5 Likes

I have uncluttered it a bit, removed old links, removed redundant info, added some new download links, references, and filled in other areas that were lacking. among the changes i believe these were the most relevant:

full book download link for cannabis evolution and ethnobotany. the book is really nice

added breeders who have a dedicated and active thread in OG

updated the journal section and added bunch of more great threads in OG

updated drying and curing sources.

Updated the general growing techniques, adding a download link for Teaming with microbes (organic growing) and included crop steering thread

Added a small section on IPM

also added some sources for raw fertilizers with costs, and DIY bloomers.

and finally I added Reikos ammended Coot Mix for soil growers.

3 Likes

AWESOME!!!

Bookmarked, fantastic coagulation of solid info!

1 Like

thank you. anyone with info, links, references etc. is welcome to post it !

2 Likes

What a compendium!!!

Many thanks!!

1 Like