2023 "Field of Dreams"

@MissinBissin LOL lots of discovery yesterday. Tribbing and temperatures :rofl:

I’m glad to hear you are happy with the discovery. Who knows maybe those hot Cobbs are the :fire::fire: We’re all learning together :+1:

@Cbizzle I went 0-60 with organics and living soil this season. Learned about reversal and making seeds too. Lots of banter as well. :rofl:

Speaking of seeds… some results are in. I spent the morning shucking most of the seed branches on 907 and IBG.

AKBB 907 Blue Genes x Fastbudz Original Bubblegum Auto Reversal: 5 Fast Fems

AKBB 907 Blue Genes x Shiskaberry (SHSC-1): 7 Regs

FDM Indiana Bubblegum x Fastbudz Original Bubblegum Auto Reversal: 45 Fast Fems

FDM Indiana Bubblegum x Shiskaberry (SHSC-1): 35 Regs

907 seed branches had the tips cut off probably because of budrot, which is why those numbers are low. When I was chopping rot I didn’t pay much attention to what branches just scorched earth removal. So the bad news is I didn’t get nearly as many of the 907 x Shiskaberry cross that is probably amazing.

Great news, I’ve got a reasonable quantity of what I sought to make this summer: Indiana Bubblegum Fast Fems! The reversal worked and I made beans!

And I have a good amount of IBG x Shiskaberry!

Cut the 907 x NL1, 907 x (BDxTKNL5 Haze) and Panalawi x Zamedelica Express Auto branches before tomorrow morning’s frost. They’re hanging up to dry now, they got a solid 6 weeks to mature I probably JUST BARELY got away with that late pollination. Fingers crossed for some mature beans.

13 Likes

Always rewarding to shuck those first seeds!

3 Likes

I think the real reward will be next season :sunglasses:

But I kinda expected my reversal pollen wasn’t going to work so finding a bunch of those beans was definitely the highlight of my morning :grin:

8 Likes

Panalawi x Zameldelica sounds simply amazing… what a Combo @FieldEffect

Congrats on an amazing season

6 Likes

IBG Update. This is really nice stuff. Burned down a few joints and everyone enjoyed.

Smell popping the Groves is getting closer and closer to Bazooka Joe as it cures and loses a bit more moisture. I think the effect is probably my favorite overall. It’s not sleepy, but very relaxed and mellow. 0 anxiety which is something I appreciate. Just grooving, able to follow conversations well without zoning out, but carefree. I like it a lot. People can’t believe the smell :rofl:

In other news, my grinder is too small for the job Chong asked of it tonight

8 Likes

Awesome brother… I.B is very special…I would grow again…

3 Likes

Index to my excessively-detailed and post-heavy thread key moments/cool shit/whatever I thought was worth referring to:

4/7 Selection
4/9 Seed Popping
4/14-15 At-Home Soil Testing
4/21 Initial Lab Test Results
4/28 Soil Flush and Ammendment Decision Point
4/30 Ammendment Mixing
5/1 Ammendments Complete and Final Recipe
5/6 Prepare 50 Gallon Pots
5/9 Sex Tests and Outdoor Transplant Night
5/12 3 Days Outside
5/19 Turbo Compost Tea Brewer Build and Base Recipe
5/20 Hailstorm/Seedling Damage
5/22 CSU Lab Results/Bad Sample Conclusion
5/25 Compost Tea Master Recipe
5/29 Selection Voting and PICs (20 days outside)
5/31 Vote Count/Cull
6/3 Garden Update and Pics
6/4 Laugh at 2021 and Lawn Ammending
6/10 Pictures, a Month Outside
6/15 Auto Bubblegum Flowering, First STS treatment, Pics
6/18 Foliar Spray Recipe
6/19 Worms Spotted
6/23 Soil Test Results, Low N Identified
6/26 Over Applied Neem and Burned my Shit
6/28 Clones Arrive
7/1 Clones Suffer
7/3 Clones RIP/Leafhopers
7/6 First Ballz IBG Auto Reversal
7/8 Garden Update and Pics
7/16 First Pollen “Collection” IBG Auto
7/21 Plants Seperated
7/23 Nutrient Tea (High P)
7/29 First Real Sideways Storm
7/30 Craft Blend Tea
8/4 August Update
8/5 Shiskaberry + Fem Bubblegum Auto Pollinations
8/13 P Boost Tea
8/23 Flower Update
8/25 Bloom Tea and Caulk Pics
8/27 Tincture
8/27 Hard Candies
8/31 Pumpkin Ribbon
9/3 Castings Top Dress
9/8 Castings/Terp Tea Bloom Top Dress
9/10 Aloe + Grow Genius Monosilicic
9/15 Tragedy Begins to Strike: Budrot in 907
9/16 NL#1 + Black Domina x TKNL#5 Haze + Zamdelica Express Auto Pollinations | Insect Frass Ferment
9/22 Trich Check
9/27 Harvest Decisions IBG/907
9/29 IBG Main Chop
10/2 907 Main Chop 995-1000
10/7 Bloom Tea Panalawi
10/8 Early Pull IBG/907 Nug Shots
10/13 Trim Jail Day 1 Diary
10/14 Trim Jail Day 2 Diary + Bowl Trimmer Review
10/15 Trim Jail Day 3 Diary + Chop Remainders of IBG/907 + Hard Candies
10/16 How I Stash Flower
10/17 Panalawi Chop Tops Decision & Trich Shots
10/24 Start Panalawi Cobbs + Initial Hot Soak
10/25 Cobbs to Warm Ferment
10/27 More Trim Jail
10/28 Seeds! I made some…

I hope that makes it easier for me to find stuff to look back at, and easier for others to follow what the hell happened here.

Cheers!

16 Likes

Dude, love the index!

6 Likes

Your engineer slip is showing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Should be a little easier to follow

There’s a couple index posts through the thread but I thought it was time for a new one :+1: :+1:

@Coda I think it’s more of a bright flag on a tall pole rather than undergarmet in my case…:rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :metal:

2 Likes

Storm coming in tonight and going to freeze hard. Carved my OG pumpkin and had about an hour and a half for quick last harvest of the Panalawi.

Here’s my pumpkin, waiting for dark shots before I formally enter it. What a PITA it is carving pumpkin. I cracked the thing trying to move it around. Any finishing touches to improve it?

Besides feeling beyond the limits of my challenged artistic capabilities, and adapting on the fly to continuous screw-ups and errors, it turned out halfway decent. It was an earnest attempt at the very least.
Props to the people that inspired me to try this carving approach instead of holes. People make crazy shit out of pumpkins, I am quite obviously not on that level.

Here’s Panalawi before I started hacking:

And how she’ll be frozen solid tonight:

Probably got another few ounces. It’s starting to rain. I have enough weed so I’m officially throwing in the towel on 2023 growing season. Also a bunch of peppers and tomatoes to process. It’s more work than I expected a few years ago :rofl:

Hope you all had nice weekends!

15 Likes

That pumpkin rocks man. I have no carving skills. I did a pretty good hack job with my 7" G.I Tanto hacking out these root balls today.

2 Likes

Brilliant Carving @FieldEffect.
If you carve Deep, you create something Brighter. Like a highlight Ring…
Thats a simple trick…

6 Likes

Outstanding job on the pumpkin. I’d end up looking like my old high school shop teacher if I tried to carve one. He had a total of like 6 fingers by the time I graduated.

Loving the Panalawi :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I tried. First real attempt carving anything, got nothing on your work in snow and ice. I think it worked out pretty good :sunglasses:

@Coda if I wasn’t using the $8 Amazon tool kit I’d probably be missing a digit or two :rofl:

@ColeLennon I did a good amount of work with a big knife. Your garden looks nice and tidy now!

The contest is based who has the most votes on their pumpkin post, please wander over to the thread and place your likes as deserved (there’s other good pumpkins take a look and decide your favorite): Caveman's 2023 Pumpkin Carving Contest (US Only) - #68 by FieldEffect

13 Likes

Excellent job on this season @FieldEffect, and also the other mini or first-time things you tried along the way.
Nice pumpkin also.

3 Likes

That is a great job on the pumpkin. Very talented. Another great year down. :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Thanks guys!

@MissinBissin I think my cobbs are going to stay 10 days in 80F before I unseal and check them. They look identical. I don’t see much activity of any kind. Not sure if I should be or not. Definately not the wild activity you saw running hot. Curious what sort of reactions you’ve been seeing at cooler ferment temps, you probably posted I’ve just been running around like a headless chicken I feel disconnected from what’s been happening this week. I imagine you’ve been trimming weed like Edward Scissorhands :rofl:

I added a fish tank heater to the water cooler in the shed for the dry cabinet. Set at 60F. The last two days have been floating at temperatures 45-55F inside, 30s to 60s outside.

Last night took the little one out trick-or-treating and haven’t had time to do anything cobb related. Maybe tonight I’ll open one up and see where they landed. I may miss the window of opportunity on this last cut of Panalawi for moister cobbs unless they are still in good shape Friday evening. Because of the low temps they will be drying very slowly, they could be perfect. Hopefully they are. I may be spending Thursday out-of-town to help my parents with some things so we’ll see what happens. Life has a way of finding priority over my hobbies :slightly_smiling_face: I dream of retirement and weed experiments at a grand scale :grinning:

@ColeLennon glad your 90s Kush was a great smoke and you are getting happier with your harvest. Saw your thread you are really getting into gear to run those clones inside. I’d post but life has been limiting that. Busy around here.

@Nitt thanks for reminding me how many little experiments occurred this year. It’s been quite a season indeed. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Morning @FieldEffect, the Cobbs are resting on top of the blanket still. Pouch’s are inflated with tiny condensation droplets inside.

I’m opening them and allowing them to dry before the final wraps later this a.m.

10 Likes